FSA To Review Waiver

crfx250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received letter back from the House of Commons after my letter to my MP.

'I understand the dificulties you have been put into by this litigation, which could be very protracted. ( You're right there!)

I am making some enquiries and will get back to you as soon as possible.

( Better make it quick, I am seeing you in the morning!)

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone who have subscribed to this thread and are spreading thew word around. Would be good to get it onto Martins site as well as stephen Hones site. In fact every bl***y site that will help us!

I have a feeling that this could lead to another consumer revolt like the Poll Tax in the seventies.

COME ON ! LET'S TAKE THESE REGULATORS ON AND SHOW THEM WE MEAN BUSINESS AND WILL NOT TAKE THIS LYING DOWN!!

I wasn't suggesting that the cartoon be taken down, I was actually just after someone who can actually draw cartoons!

However, as you raised the issue, it may be better to use non-copyrighted material especially considering the amount of attacks this site receives.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

by this litigation

There's been some litigation? ;-)

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Thanks jenny,

At least that's two sent. The Mp's will be terrified now! I thought this is what some people wanted, to send complaints in about the FSA, obviously I was wrong. Maybe it would be better if someone else bothered to help.

destinyofsouls, you have done a brilliant letter.i have not only sent to my local councillors, but my mp, mep + london assembly members, in the plural, might i add!bumping this!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

It actually struck me the other day that this test case seems to favour the banks, in the sense that they do not have to investigate any further claims, yet they can still apply the charges in question to our accounts! Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

I intend to send a letter to my MP and any other relevant bodies. (I have still to read the entire thread, heading to work now, so will do later tonight)

Count me in!

BTW: Typo in the last paragraph on the flyer.

Also, did you draw the cartoon yourself?

hi, my son has just finished his degree of fine art from DE MONTFORT uni.if you are concerned about copy rights, please let us know what you want on the cartoon + he will whip it up.my son has been a beneficiary of the reclaimed bank charges, courtesy of this site, as i myself.we would like to give back something!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]if my response has been of help to you, please click on my scales. thank you:)

I have now created a image for the leaflet which is my own drawing. Rather than repost simply click on page 4 its updated the leaflet there.

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

I wasn't suggesting that the cartoon be taken down, I was actually just after someone who can actually draw cartoons!

However, as you raised the issue, it may be better to use non-copyrighted material especially considering the amount of attacks this site receives.

attacks?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

In the abscence of anything else, have a look at this letter to your MP. Please let me have any comments and any way of improving it.

Thanks.

The link to the MP is here ( thanks davebeek)

WriteToThem.com - Email or fax your Councillor, MP, MEP, MSP or Welsh, NI, London Assembly Member for free

Mr xxxxxxxx MP

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

here's letter from an assembly member:-Dear xxxxxxxx. Thank you for your email. I have read some of the coverage surrounding this issue and I have some sympathy with people like yourself who may have to wait for many months before hearing the resolution of your claim. However the london assembly has no responsibilty for the fsa or the legal system. I can only suggest that you ask your member of parliament to take this up on your behalf. I hope that he is able to help. Best regards. Roger evans. -------------------------------- Sent from Wireless Blackberry handheldxxxxxxxxxx

1 August 2007

Dear Mr xxxxx,

I am one of your constituents in Anytown. I write to you in the hope you can help me in my plight with the bank and in particular the FSA.

You may be aware that on 27 July 2007, the OFT commenced litigation proceedings against the big seven banks to try and establish once and for all as to whether these overdraft fees are actually unlawful.

Whilst we agree with this course of action, the FSA has waived the regulation that enforces the banks to process claims of this nature until the outcome of this hearing.

This means that any claims going through the banks now for reclaiming charges (sometimes in their thousands) are put on hold and will not be processed for what could take up to two years if any appeals are allowed.

The FSA has also allowed the banks to apply for a stay in all court proceedings of this nature until the case has finished. The Banks are now to apply to the Master of Rolls to issue a blanket stay on all court hearings.

This is a ridiculous situation for all local people who are in the process of reclaiming charges. And, just to rub salt in the wounds, they have allowed the banks to keep on charging!!!

The majority of the people I have spoken to ( including myself) were not able to afford the court fees to take the claim to the next step. They have had to save every spare penny to raise the £120.00 needed so they could take the bank to court. In some cases where the claim was over £5000.00 they have had to stump up £250.00, something which was very, very hard for these people to find, considering it was the high cost of these charges that have put them in this position. Some even took out short term loans so they could take the bank to court to try and recoup some of these charges. They are now left with no claim, no compensation and hundreds of pounds out of pocket.

Although there may be a slim chance of them being able to recoup some of the court costs, the issue is that they should be allowed to continue with this claim and get their charges back, as have thousands of consumers all over the country.

To allow the banks to still charge and not allow the consumer the right to reclaim is against everything the FSA and the OFT and the FOS are supposed to stand for.

The OFT web site states :

The OFT is responsible for making markets work well for consumers. We achieve this by promoting and protecting consumer interests throughout the UK, while ensuring that businesses are fair and competitive

The FSA website states :

We have a wide range of rule-making, investigatory and enforcement powers to enable us to meet four statutory objectives summarised as one overall aim: to promote efficient, orderly and fair markets and to help retail consumers achieve a fair deal

The FOS Website states;

So when we look at a complaint, we give both sides a fair hearing.

Protecting consumer interests? - help retail consumers achieve a fair deal? Give BOTH sides a fair hearing? One word that appears in all of their statements is FAIR. How is this fair?

How can they be protecting the consumer interest by stopping them reclaiming what is rightfully theirs and still allowing the banks to charge these ridiculously high penalty charges.?

I understand that the banks disagree they are unlawful, so why have they kept paying out to consumers at the rate of around £500 million in the last 12 months? This alone should tell the FSA that the consumer has to keep claiming against the banks.

This situation alone will save the banks hundreds of millions of pounds, firstly through not paying out claims, not having to pay legal fees and more importantly, due to the Limitation Act 1980, the longer this case goes on the more they will save under the 6 yr rule of the above Act.

So, whilst this will save the banks money, the consumer goes further and further into debt by having charges still applied.

This is just the tip of the iceberg Mr xxxxx, I am sure there are many more people out there that will be destined for financial hardship as a result of this legislation. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of consumers all over the country who have started their claims and some may also be made bankrupt by allowing the banks to still charge. All this caused by a regulator who is supposed to have the consumer in their best interest.

I would like to see how they explain that this benefits them. The problem with all this is, it was all done behind closed doors for months without anyone knowing except the banks, the FSA , the OFT and the FOS, and then, without a care in the world for consumers or anyone else, put into practice. The nice little arrangement that the banks had already sorted with the FSA, the OFT and the FOS, the three regulators set up to protect the public. Mr xxxxxx, someone is having a laugh at your constituents’ expense and it is not the slightest bit funny for us.

I also understand that It could also interfere with our rights under the European Convention on Human Rights directly and as enacted in the Human Rights Act 1998.

Art.6 1. of the Convention provides that “ In the determination of his civil rights … everyone is entitled to a fair and public hearing within a reasonable time.”

It is unreasonable to allow an indeterminate stay which depends on some litigation unconnected to the instant case, between other parties who have no relation to the parties in the instant case.

It is not clear that the matter will be heard as predicted and in the event that it does go to trial, there could then be appeals and subsequent appeals so that the matter might become protracted and even last as long as 3 years or more – from the date of the commencement of trial.

I sincerely hope that you can help us in getting the FSA to revoke this unfair and biased legislation and allow the consumer to continue to fight for what is rightfully theirs.

I thank you for you time.

from a london aasembly member:-Dear xxxxxxxx. Thank you for your email. I have read some of the coverage surrounding this issue and I have some sympathy with people like yourself who may have to wait for many months before hearing the resolution of your claim. However the london assembly has no responsibilty for the fsa or the legal system. I can only suggest that you ask your member of parliament to take this up on your behalf. I hope that he is able to help. Best regards. Roger evans. -------------------------------- Sent from Wireless Blackberry handheld

I have now created a image for the leaflet which is my own drawing. Rather than repost simply click on page 4 its updated the leaflet there.

Am I being dumb here? Page 4? can you add a link please?

Dreadlkiss - great idea am going to send a bulletin through Myspace and Facebook :)

Keep it up guys and dolls!