FSA To Review Waiver

crfx250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5948 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the FOS are a waste of time when it comes to listening.

they stayed my business claim and a separate complaint do to with unlawful defaults only because both are for the same account.

i've asked them (again) how the test case covers the maintaining of an unlawful default and they keep sending letters telling me my 'whole' complaint form is on hold, yet they themselves told me to put both issues on one form as it is for the same account.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, they told me that I was liable for a debt where the creditor had no agreement under the CCA - I have now had to issue an N1 to sort it out.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Thanks for the advice folks.

I spoke to the FOS today, and they admitted that they were wrong, and asked me to return the original forms that they have returned to me today.

The person i spoke to has marked the case to be referred to her, so fingers crossed.

The whole system is a mess though, and they just don't seem to care what problems they have caused people.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

you can expect to see a couple of million more defaults if this takes place the fos and others wont have the staff to cope

The Government is looking to allow banks to provide details of 33 million bank accounts to credit reference agencies, despite not having your consent to do so.

The Government is considering changing the law to allow the banks to hand over the details, as it believes that this will help to tackle over-indebtedness.

We firmly believe that this flies in the face of banking confidentiality, drives a coach and horses through the protections given to consumers by the Data Protection Acts, and is in contravention of human rights of privacy.

DowningStreet.gif We have launched a campaign to challenge this proposal. It gives you the chance to tell the Prime Minister directly that you do not want your personal information shared with others without your consent.

Over 8,000 of you have already signed up. Click here to join them. You will be directed to the relevant page on the website of 10 Downing Street.

This is an important issue for many people. If you agree with our thoughts, please ask your friends and family also to sign the petition.

• Haha 2

Signed. Thanks for highlighting this petition, patrickq1..

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Ditto

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• 3 weeks later...

Did the waiver actually get reviewed?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

is the following of any significance? It would suggest that from Nov 1 the complaints procedure is going back to normal (text is from here from the BBA BBA - British Bankers' Association - Changes to Complaint Handling Rules under Section 15 of the Banking Code)

Background

Under Section 15 of the Banking Code subscribers are required to handle customer complaints by following rules set out by the Financial Services Authority (FSA).

On the 1st November 2007 the FSA is changing its complaint handling rules. This changes the timescales for responding to a complaint.

This means that Banks and Building Societies who subscribe to the Banking Code must as a minimum comply with the FSA's new rules, for complaints that are not resolved by the close of the next business day.

The new Complaint Handling Rules

Under the FSA's new rules, Banking Code subscribers will:

On receipt of a complaint:

(1) send the complainant a prompt written acknowledgement providing early reassurance that it has received the complaint and is dealing with it; and

(2) ensure the complainant is kept informed thereafter of the progress of the measures being taken for the complaint's resolution.

By the end of eight weeks after receipt of the complaint, send the complainant:

(1) a final response; or

(2) a written response which:

(a) explains why it is not in a position to make a final response and indicates when it expects to be able to provide one;

(b) informs the complainant that he may now refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service; and

© encloses a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service standard explanatory leaflet.

What does this mean for customers?

Under the Banking Code all subscribers are required to act fairly and reasonably in their dealings with customers. This will continue to be the case under the FSA's new rules.

Subscribers are still required to follow Sections 15.1, 15.2 and 15.6 of the Code which inform customers of the ways in which a complaint can be made.

Subscribers can also choose to maintain the time limits set out under Sections 15.3 and 15.4 of the Code as these demonstrate best practice beyond that required under the FSA's new rules.

Banks and Building Societies will ensure that their relevant customer communications are updated as required by the 1st November 2007 to reflect their processes for handling customer complaints.

From 1st March 2008 the new Banking Code will mirror the FSA's new complaint handling rules.

Did the waiver actually get reviewed?

As far as I am aware they are still considering the review of the waiver.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

As far as I am aware they are still considering the review of the waiver.

Jan

What the fa? Tese bloody people are rediculous!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I've contacted Edinburgh South MP - Nigel Griffiths earlier this week no reply yet though.

Any posts submitted here on the Consumer Action Group under the user name GlasweJen may not necessarily be the view of the poster, CAG or indeed any normal person.

I've become addicted to green blobs (I have 2 now) so feel free to tip my scales if I ever make sense.;-)

Jenschnifer

If you have written to your MP complaining about the FSA waiver, could you please place a copy of your post in this thread?

Thanks

Mac

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

The Government is considering changing the law to allow the banks to hand over the details, as it believes that this will help to tackle over-indebtedness.

DowningStreet.gif We have launched a campaign to challenge this proposal. It gives you the chance to tell the Prime Minister directly that you do not want your personal information shared with others without your consent.

A bit late for me - all my bank accounts have appeared on my credit report recently without my permission.

Most of it is incorrect (including a default).

It has become a full-time job, fighting for it to be corrected, as the 3 credit reference agencies won't do it, unless the banks agree.

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]

I think that these are just new rules for any other complaint apart from bank charges. The waiver will still be in place

How are the rules new? They are exactly the same as they have ever been.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I think the answer lies somewhere in the title!

The new Complaint Handling Rules

Under the FSA's new rules, Banking Code subscribers will:

Seen it?

Haha, yeh.

I wasn't questioning you matey - I was simply asking how are they new? there is nothing new in them!!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Is there anymore news on the review?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

What I think may be happening is that the FSA are trying to get rid of the effect of banking code regulations. From what I gather the 'banking code' will now kind of cease to exist and complaint regulations will now fall under the juristiction of the FSA. This means that the FSA is trying to take a very roundabout route to get rid of hardship claims. The trouble of this approach is that it may be legal - but it does not distract from the fact that hardship claims were a condition of waiver acceptance that the FSA specifically included.

Short version: It basically looks like now they have been hit with loads of hardship claims the FSA are tyrying to close the loophole that they created. The problem is that they are doing this in the least transparent manner possible.

And the bigger problems is that people who are actually suffering from financial hardship will get screwed...........nice one FSA.

A £35 pound bank charge is not a charge for a service. Its theft.