FSA To Review Waiver

crfx250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

what a fantastic thread. Its great to see others who have same ideas as myself. I will definitely be emailing my MP and any one else i can think of, especially the PM. As previously said, we all need to get together and make a noise. We all have to act, and not just complain, we need to be heard. Maybe we could print fliers from some of the letters printed on here, and leave them at our local libraries, surgeries, banks, and anywhere people meet! Just an idea. I tell everyone i meet about this site anyway. Keep up the good work, and have faith in people power.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not even had a reply to my complaint to the FSA and none of the MPs/MEPs I've emailed seem interested either.

I know, it's a frustrating business. I'm sure that the FSA are getting the message, whether they will listen or not I don't know. The more pressure they get from us and from those MPs that bother to follow up with them the better.

Keep up the good work.

LTSB £9,356 settled in full through the FOS

SIGN the petition to make banks deal with charges

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Test Case is being handled.

The FSA told me this morning that they ''are swamped'' with complaints

about the waiver and are having trouble responding to them all.

Wonderful news, however, a swamp is not big enough. What we need is an ocean of complaints to the FSA or about the FSA to your MP.

Keep the complaints rolling

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

I reply to my letters or emails, with complaints. If they send me an email with the email address of some other body to whom I can complain I do just that.

I don't just sign the one petition I sign them all, ralating to this issue that is.:)

Now more and more people have seen they have been shafted by the FSA they will want to complain, lets make the process for them to complain easy.

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Do you think they'd notice if we all complained ten times? Or perhaps just get all friends and family to complain as well as everyone on here.

In my opinion multi complaints from the same person would be noticed

and probably ignored. Also, any complaint about the waiver that goes

through the normal complaints system - we know - will just get a standard

response saying that the intruduction of the waiver are not grounds for

a complaint and therefore probably won't even get registered as a complaint.

In my experience with the OFT, there is no distiction between an enquiry

and a complaint anyway.

Therefore I would suggest that any complaint as such should be directed

to the person responsible for introducing the waiver. Then you know the message is getting through:

Clive Briault

Managing Director

Retail Markets

25 The North Colonnade,

Canary Wharf,

London E14 5HS

I don't have an e-mail address for him but a letter is always better as it

is more difficult to ignore. If you did this there is no reason not to send

an e-mail as well - as a duplicate sender won't be easily recognised - and send it to:

[email protected]

To avoid receiving a standard ''complaint not valid'' response I think it is

better to - rather than just complain - list a series of questions as to why

the waiver was introduced, give details as to how the waiver is having

an adverse affect on you and say that you strongly support a revoke

of the waiver when they review it on 27 September.

Clive Briault's e-mail address is [email protected] but he is out of the office until 20th August. His assistant Sara Spence will deal with anything urgent, but I would expect there to be a filter for anything to do with the waiver though! I have a DD number if anyone wants it.

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Complaint made.

Well done for finding his e-mail address Kog!

I would strongly recomend that you say ''This is not a complaint but a request for information''

That way he's got no excuse to just forward it to the complaints dept

and he therefore is obliged to respond.

Thanks for that Kog - a good laugh.

I'm just waiting for the mailbox full replies to start from his e-mail address.

I have sent letters to local MP and Lord Dykes

We must get behind this letter writing it an absolute joke what is happening deals behind closed doors. Where is the fairness!!!!!!!!!!!

CAG you need to let know what else we can do

Mark

Hi all

I have composed an email - all by myself for a change! - and am about to send it to good (should that be bad?) old Clive!!

But, as usual I have zero confidence in my ability, so can you have a look please? I don't want anyone to rewrite it, just constructive criticism - if you tell me to send it to the "big round filing tray" thats seriously okay!

Dear Mr Briault

I am writing to you today to ask if you can explain the reasoning behind the current waiver on bank charge claims, and how you perceive that this action benefits the consumer.

Please be assured that this is not a complaint, merely a request for clarity.

It is my understanding that the banks can, since 27th July:

Acknowledge, but not action any new "complaints" regarding the fees structure for unpaid Direct Debits, Cleared Transactions and Unauthorised Overdraft Fees;

Apply for a stay on all cases that are currently in the Judicial system;

And continue to charge consumers, at the existing rate, fees for any "breaches of contract" as detailed above.

Therefore, the position for the consumer is thus:

On making a new complaint, it will be held as pending, indefinately;

Having already submitted a Court claim, and found the funding for such, sometimes in cases of extreme financial hardship, before the offcial announcement of the Test Case, will now quite likely find that the case is put on hold, again indefinately;

And s/he is still subject to pay the current level of charges to the bank, irrespective of the fact that this is precisely the subject of the forthcoming Test Case.

In the cold light of day no-one could argue against an imbalance of fairness here - I have tried and tried, but failed miserably, to pinpoint any part of this which constitutes fairness and protection for the consumer - as set down in your TCF policy.

Hence my initial question - how does this action benefit the consumer?

I trust that you will consider my question carefully, without treating it as just another complaint, and provide me with a comprehensive reply.

Thank you for your attention to this matter

Yours Sincerely

What do you think?

Not 100% happy with it, but actually for my own work it doesn't sound too bad! ;) :o

Comments please.

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

You missed out taking money from people to pay alleged debts entirely comprising bank charges and continuing to send details of those alleged debts to the credit reference agencies.

Other than that, I think it's fine.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Yes I did - because I couldn't find a way to word it that was without allegation - I did think long and hard on that one.

But as I am trying to make them answer a question, not a complaint, I don't know how to tie it in without being overly aggressive.

Any suggestions welcome.

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Yes I did - because I couldn't find a way to word it that was without allegation - I did think long and hard on that one.

But as I am trying to make them answer a question, not a complaint, I don't know how to tie it in without being overly aggressive.

Any suggestions welcome.

Jo xx

Excelent Jo.

Can I suggest that you format your questions in numerical order like numbered bullet points and preface it with something like ''I have set out my questions below and for your assistance and in the interests of clarity, I would be grateful if you could respond to them in a like fashion''

In my dealings with the OFT I found this avoided them responding with some bland blanket statement.

just been on the fsa web site you can fill an on line form on there

FSA: Contact Us

A million or two emails ought to sort it.

If i don't get a reply they will get more letter and emails from me.

I emailed them , but they rang me back. I was hoping for an email, so i had something in writing.

Anyway, after 10 minutes, i was told that if i wanted to complain about the waiver, i should ring the complaint team. I am sure that they won't mind me sharing the number with you :D

FSA COMPLAINTS:- 02070 669870

[COLOR=#2e8b57][B][SIZE=1][U]Claimed & won so far[/U]:-[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen][U]Banks[/U]:- NatWest Personal £1000, Natwest Business £2000, Lloyds TSB Personal £1500, [U]Mortgages[/U]:-Central Capital (PPI) £500, Natwest MEAF £140 [/COLOR][COLOR=#2e8b57][U]Credit cards[/U]:- HSBC Gold card £365, Capital One £599.55 Barclaycard £1070 ( i only aske for £700) , Lloyds £500 [U]Catalogues[/U]:- Littlewoods Direct Flex Account £60 :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][SIZE=1][B][U]For Friends[/U][/B]:- Natwest £1500, £1800 & £500, Cap One £600, Barclaycard £400, Solutions £100, Aqua, £105.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=#2e8b57][B][U][SIZE=1][COLOR=seagreen]Pending:-[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=seagreen][SIZE=1]Barclays Bank Personal (On hold - Thanks a lot OFT) :mad:.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR]