Aktiv Kapital First Investment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Keep Recieving letters from

DEBT MANAGERS LTD.

PO BOX128

4 JAMAICA STREET

EDINBURGH EH3 6UP

Asking for £370.32 To be paid to Aktiv Kapital First Investment.

when i phoned them they couldnt tell me what it was for so i refused to pay they are still sending me letters and its rather annoying!

please help!

COME ON LLOYDS WERE IS UR CHRISTMAS SPIRIT

PAY THE NICE PEOPLE OF CAG THER MONEY

SO FAR:

LLOYDS TSB:

29/05/06, - Data Protection Act sent

15/06/06, - Staements recived

19/06/06, 10:00 - Phoned Copy Statement Unit(0121 633 5452) - told them they didnt send full statements.

19/06/06, 11:00 - Call From Copy Staement Unit, Sending ALL Statements again INCLUDING the missing 3 Years.

24/06/06, - Statements recived

27/06/06, - Prelim Sent

03/07/06, - Standed Letter recived - LBA SENT

05/07/06, - More Statements recived

[email protected]

Send them the CCA request located here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html template N. Also send them the harasment by telephone letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Do not speak to these people on the phone, it is a waste of time and they will attempt to harass you into paying. Insist that all communication is in writing, that way you have a record.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 8 months later...

Do you have a thread running on this? If not you should start a thread of your own.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi, I had one too. They seem to be trying to get people to think they need to pay accounts from ten years ago etc, with no proof of account even existing, no details and admitting last contact over ten years ago. They are bottom feeders and to do apparantly with Dixons if that helps.

• 2 months later...

I got exactly the same problem. Just got letter today from Debt Manager Edingbourgh regarding "Aktiv Kapital First Investment".

Can anybody wright me a private message if you got the same probelm? I want to go to the police and it would be helpful if I got further evidence.

Thanks for that.

Agathachristie found you have made an enquiry in general forum about them so apologies. Just found that thread by accident much later as tend to stay on this one. Once again apologies but dca's do troll this site and you obviously are just asking for advice, but please dont email me again, spooked. Good luck with Aktiv

Edited by stardust_john

• 2 weeks later...

I have received a letter from debt managers today asking me to repay a debt owed to Aktiv Kapital First Investment to the sum of £2079.72. This was in my maiden name but using Mrs which I never used. I have been married since 2000 so if I do owe (which I don't think I do) it has to be before this.

Should I write back to them asking for proof or do we all get together and go to the police.

I doubt very much if the police will get involved. I sent a "prove it" letter straight to their complaints department, with a copy to the OFT for their information, and if I hear nothing I intend to take it to the Financial Ombudsman Service and Trading Standards. If enough people make complaints to the financial authorities it could result in them being very heavily fined or lose their licence.

Debt managers who ask for the money on behalf of Aktiv Kapital only have a PO box address. I sent them a recorded letter with a £1.00 postal order asking for a copy of the credit agreement and have just checked with the post office if this has been delivered.

They advised that it was placed in the PO box address on 19th June but as yet the company hasn't collected the item. They are obviously not desperate for debts to be cleared or to receive correspondence.

Oh well, by the time they open the box the 12 day time limit will be up for supplying the information.

The problem is that this company know exactly!!! that we never owed them money in the first place. So I do think it is unlawful to acuse somebody of owing them money in the hope that one will pay them by error. I find it very strange that the Uk is such a consumer enemy.

Update:

After I had sent my letter asking for a copy of the credit agreement, I received another letter saying they would give me a substantial discount if I cleared immediately (this arrived after I had sent mine to them).

Then this morning, I received another letter from them (with my original letter and postal order attached to it) stating " We refer to your recent correspondence and write to advise that we are no longer dealing with this account".

Either I have called their bluff and it is statute barred or wasn't my debt in first place.

I received a letter from Debt Managers Ltd saying I owe Aktiv Capital First Investment £121. They said they had bought the debt from First National Tricity Finance. I've rung both to try to find out what the debt is but no-one can tell me anything helpful. Also, the adress they traced me from is where i lived ten years ago! Is this a real debt? Will it affect my credit record? I'm getting worried.

Hello, i have just found this site, since may i keep getting letters from them, i have never heard of them and i dont owe the money, have left messages for them, but nothing and i dont know what to do

I received a letter from Debt Managers Ltd saying I owe Aktiv Capital First Investment £121. They said they had bought the debt from First National Tricity Finance. I've rung both to try to find out what the debt is but no-one can tell me anything helpful. Also, the adress they traced me from is where i lived ten years ago! Is this a real debt? Will it affect my credit record? I'm getting worried.

SIWAN it helps if you start your own thread, your problem will get lost on the end of another posters thread.

If you do not recognise the debt then ask Debt Managers to prove it is yours before you will enter into Written dialogue, so never call these people they Lie (alledgedly)

Hello, i have just found this site, since may i keep getting letters from them, i have never heard of them and i dont owe the money, have left messages for them, but nothing and i dont know what to do

St Clair, same as above start your own thread then you will get a faster response.

Ignore them if you do not know what the debt is, failing that write dont phone demanding they prove the alledge debt exists before you will enter into any dialogue. the onus is on them not you to rpove a debt exists.

I received a reply today from the OFT re my complaint about being asked for payment for a debt I knew nothing about from Debt Managers on behalf of Aktiv Kapital. The letter says neither company has a consumer credit licence and my complaint has been put on file "for future reference". In other words, if they do apply for a licence, they have had their chips, so do send your complaints to the OFT.