StrawberryFields v. Barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Im new to this site so just wanted to drop by and say Hi before I start off reading and digesting all the posts. :)

In a nutshell, Ive been fighting Barclays (originally Woolwich) since February of this year for a refund of around £10,000 (not including interest). They made me an offer of £1000 in March, BEFORE I had received a list of charges, which I politely told them "No, Thank You" :p They then made me an offer in May of £7500 which I again rejected.

After following advice, I started down the Financial Ombudsman Route and filed an official complaint with them at the end of June.

Im dismayed now to see that all complaints with the FOS are on hold until the outcome of the High Court Test Case.

Would I be better off just starting court action against Barclays now, or is it too late? I would rather the case be sitting with the Courts than sitting with the FOS now to be honest.

I feel Ive made a big mistake in all of this and wish Id have snatched their hands off for the £7500. Still, hindsight is a wonderful thing, isnt it? :(

I'll look forward to your replies and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction as to what to do next.

Ive also got a claim going on with Barclaycard and 2 for Capital One (all of which are with the FOS). I understand these are still proceeding as normal?

Thanks, Guys. :)

Feb 07 - Requested Statements from Woolwich

9.3.07 - Received offer from Woolwich of £1000 - Refused. No statements had been received at that date

10.3.07 - Received list of charges - Total £9936

16.3.07 - Letter sent to Woolwich requesting refund of charges

18.4.07 - Woolwich offered £7500 - Refused

11.6.07 - Official complaint made to FOS

18.6.07 - Confirmation of complaint received from FOS