Pc World - Reoccuring Problems with faulty Advent 7065 Laptop - Please Help Me

sametempo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i purchased a laptop from Pc World along with a 5 year warranty back in December 2004.

Throuhout this time i have had problem after problem.

The first year the laptop was perfectly fine.

The laptop has been sent in for repairs (techguys) 2 times for overheating.

3 times for a corrupt hard drive

and 3 times for not charging.

Recently my laptop was not charging using the ac adapter so i wrote a letter explaining the problems and it was taken away for repairs. They installed a new motherboard. Upon reciept i turned it on and the keyboard did not work so i couldnt type. I was furious how could they have not carried out the checks before sending it back 5 mins later it stopped charging altogether!!!!:evil: :evil:

Wrote another letter sent it back for the 2nd time in the space of a week. I specifically asked them to check it before sending it back.

Upon reciept it turn on fine the 'new faulty motherboard' was replaced once again, it charged but now the touch pad wasnt working, theres scratches on it and the device where my sound card has gone missing!!!! Where do they get off im furious do they not check that everythings working before sending it back for godness sake.

and now to top it off once again its not charging its not even been a month since ive had it back from 'repairs' from 'the tech guys'

What can i do?

What are my rights?

I know its old, but im not sending this back again, im a student being inconvenienced. I cant even sell this piece of junk!!!

Im going to see the store manager tommorow.

Please im at my witts end

VERY VERY VERY ANGRY.

Thank you :p

Usually after the third repair, depending on how far the repairs are apart from each other the item would be written off. However because you have the service agreement it is up to the repair workshop and coverplan to write it off. Best bet would be to take it to store, explain all the repairs, they can then look on there system at the repairs, and then ask if they could request for it to be written off. Generally a good customer service department, with a bit of persuasion can make this happen, usually via email to head of customer services.