From HSBC regarding test case

jowalshy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying we should remove Bank Charges altogether , Cephas,

Just make them realistic and fair.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

OK........have spoken just now to a very nice chap at Court and explained that I sent a letter to DG on 24th July (RC) detailing the fact that my charges are made up from my benefits and he said they ARE NOT ALLOWED to do that. He has asked me to send him all the correspondence , for his attention, and he will look into this for me. He seemed shocked that they had not been in touch with me after informing them of this fact. Other than that there is to be a block of cases to be heard on 25th September at Preston County Court.

He also said they have not had any instructions to stop proceedings and its business as usual.

Wish me luck everyone

JB:)

Good, I was hoping that would happen, I think the Judicary will take exception to the FSA & OFT stopping investigations into the banks actions, this will mean the only course of action the consumer has is the courts, increasing further the work load of the Judges.

I cant see them taking kindly to that

pete

So this has come at the wrong time for me then...just rejected an offer for 90% and then all this happens...typical lol.

I wonder if I wrote to the bank and said...you know I rejected your offer...I have changed my mind...they would still honour their offer???

As I have got to send in my AQ where does this put me in the scheme of things??? maybe a year or maybe too far down the line????

Here is the link that Lattie has mentioned just in case you missed it:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/108091-oft-banks-dont-panic.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

oops sorry lateralus....consider myself duly slapped and punished ..lol

Heard the judgement about the junior barrister losing his case on the news on way home...rushed in and logged on and read 2 things and posted....tut tut....

I will prepare said AQ in a responsible way and send.......lol

Like it says..I have not had the money for a long time.....blinking expensive this AQ though lol.....

Think it is more the rejection of £3100 and then I think am I being greedy?

Nah...just want MY money back... onward and upward...

That's a very good link Latty, Thank YOU.

The most level-headed ,logical advice to emerge so far -

as usual you calm things down when all about you are losing it! :cool:

Hope you enjoyed corrie!

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Oooooo I wonder where they will come from??????

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I have a question about the test case....

If you have currently started court proceedings against the banks, and from what i have read, It could take between 12 to 18 months to resolve the issue, does this mean that the 8% added on upon filing court will continue to accumilate until the case is over? ie 12/18 months of interest on every charge until settlement??

Just a thought..:)

well, if you claimed for daily rate in your particulars i don't see why not

although i think the stay thing could sort of freeze it from the dates of the stay - i don't know that - but it does seem logical.