nothumbria water court action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i recieved court papers from northampton court regarding me owing northumbria water £274 i have been paying arrears off for about a year and cleared all of the previous years arears.they are now taking me to court for this years water rates which started in april is this allowed and if i pay the £274 straight away will i still get a ccj.any advice appreciated

ian

The fact you have had arrears in previous years has probably contributed to them doing so. Assuming that you haven't paid any of this year's water rates, by instalments or in full, it would be reasonable for them to assume that you cannot or are not intending to pay the current bill thus their decision to serve court papers.

They would normally expect arrears to paid off over and above the current water bill – the current bill by instalments plus agreed arrears instalments - and not payment of arrears until settled then payment of current bill otherwise you will constantly be in arrears.

I would suggest you contact them to withdraw the court action and arrange payment for the year's bill.

• 10 months later...