halifax bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have followed the instruction from moneysavingexpert website and I am now unclear how to proceed with my claim.

• 20 June 2007 - £3084.49. requested by me (the 6 years bank charges plus interest)
  • The bank refuses the pay above amount.
  • 27 June 2007 – I threatened to take to court in 14 days.
  • 23 July 2007 – I took the bank to court (which now includes the addition of two further bank charges incurred) however next day I received a letter from the bank which was dated 23 July 2007 offering me the sum off £1315.50, as a goodwill gesture.
  • I refused this offer and I telephoned the bank as instructed by the letter.
  • As a result of the phone call to the bank the amount offered to me was increased to 1900.00 and that this would be confirmed by letter. again I refused this reviewed amount.
  • However I never received any documentation relating to the increased amount of £1900.00.
  • 26 July 2007 – I found the sum of £1315.50 had arrived in my bank account without any agreement by me.
  • As advised by the bank I telephoned to offer to retune the money as instructed and offered to do so by card payment however I was told that this was not acceptable and I must return the money by cheque, which I have agreed to do.
  • I have recently received the letter indicating that the bank will not revive their offer further.

I would be grateful if anybody could advise me how to continue with my claim.

P.S. Do I retune this money by cheque?

I would be grateful if anybody could advise me how to continue with my claim.

Hi and welcome. Have a look at these and if your still not sure, ask again..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.