• Tweets

• Apologies and thank you. Hopefully this is better! Parking Gladstones Jan 21.pdf
    • Seems to be running a little short of hot air at the moment ...
    • Nope       .. unless he knows something we don't yet know - but maybe has been hinted at Particularly with his mention of vaccinators sitting around doing nowt in the near future ..
    • ' what i will guess because BCD(L) is rather new to the game, they've not yet found out they can all but ignore the earlier date.   this has ofcourse give you a huge advantage.'     Thankyou.   Lol, lets hope thats the case. Unless they are much smarter than all of us and called a bluff.   In their email they say please find attached our bundle, a cop which has been filed at the court.   The bluff could be that they haven't filed it at the court by the earlier date, but they hope hope that I submit mine by the first deadline, which I have now done. Gives them a chance to look at my WS, make any changes to theirs and then actually use the later date to file their papers at the court, having had the benefit of looking at my WS     Who knows, these solicitors maybe me smarter poker players than we thinkk lol
    • well lets hope this time you see it through..not get help and disappear for 6mts......   you need to gather information not simply keep waving ones arms and going wah..wah i've got this problem its wrong  its not mine its unfair i want it gone now   you have an sar running to whom we believe is the original creditor vodafone. you have an sar running to lowells whose name is shown as the owner.   from those we should be able to find the truth here and get a plan of action going forward.   however to date i'm not convinced a telecom default is the only reason why you are getting refused whatever it was credit wise that restarted your quest.   most if not all lenders today ignore a telecom default if thats all thats bad.. my gut tells me there are other reasons you have for being refused by whom on what type of credit and if they even gave a reason why..pointing directly to it being because of this default..   ..if this is the only thing on your credit file     
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

EEK!! V Egg - Hearing 15th November.*POSTPONED*

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5041 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ian cognito

Very interesting read, Egg are on my list somewhere so I'll be following this to conclusion. Seems to me Egg haven't quite got the hang of it yet, could it be they will be the ones that prove the rule? wouldn't that make them popular in banking circles?

Good luck, not long now!!

could it be they will be the ones that prove the rule?

Given that egg are largely an 'innovative' new company that is largely isolated from the wider banking world and massively in debt and is actively looking for a buyer, I would not bet against them being the blundering buffons of the banking industry and disclosing all their actual costs.

This would mean that the OFT would then have to step in to instruct egg to refund all of the "actual" charges to all of eggs 2.8 million customers or face having it's consumer credit licence revoked.

Eggs risk:If there was an 'average' of 5 charges per customer at £20, with an average 'actual' (very conservative) cost of £6 this would leave a bill of £16 * 5 * 2.8 million.

Or a total of £224m wiped off the value of egg (25% of it's value as of dec last year)

I this is only a theoretical risk which is dependant upon two distinct events happening:

1. Disclodure of costs from egg

2. Ruling from the OFT

If they don't disclose costs then you win.I f they do then it paves the way for them to lose a substantial amount of capital.

Go EKK! There are loads of us behind you and supporting you and ready to pounce on Egg when you get the only result possible. :p

22nd Sept DP request Sent Recorded with £10

26th FD reply returning cheque, promising to courier statements.:-)

Howz it going EEK!! ???Any new developments...

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Hi

Firstly good luck EEK at your hearing this week if Egg let it get that far, i've got my fingers crossed for you.

I am seriously thinking of taking action against Egg (and Natwest) but the thing I am worried about is that I have heard that some banks and credit card companies have threatened to close the accounts of people whose claims they settle, which would be fine if the amount they owed me was more than my balance (i'm not sure yet as haven't sent my DPA request) but if it wasn't I can't afford to clear my balance in full.

It's interesting to see that they are in debt and looking for a buyer though, it's no wonder they advertise so much.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

V xxx

Guest ian cognito

Vicky, they cannot just demand back your balance, they would have to come to some sensible agreement for settlement, although they do close accounts, unethical but they seem to get away with it.

Am rooting for you buddy.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

Come Along !

I shall be there for support 'n' all........................:D

It's in Chatham I understand..........

25/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Posted vs Nationwide

31/10/06 - Confirmation S.A.R was Received.

Thanks guys you've all been brilliant. The court is Medway County Court in Chatham Kent. The hearing is at 1430hrs the more the merrier. It would be a good day if we could get a crowd just to see the look on Egg's face.

Wish me luck guys and I look forward to letting you all know the outcome - I just hope we get a result one way or the other tomorrow rather than be mucked about like Tobes and Yasmin.

I am quite nervous for you EEK !!!

I will keep keeping my eyes open for an update tomorrow and keeping all my fingers and toes crossed!

GOOD LUCK !!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

Just a quick note to say good luck for tomorrow. If I had spare holiday I would be there - I live within driving distance of Chatham.

I'm waiting for other claims before i take on Egg but I got as far as the prelim letter and their reply actually said the charges were to cover costs incurred.

After reading Yasmin's thread and yours and hearing about the bullying and delaying tactics I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. You have a lot of people and the law on your side but remember not to be too complacent and make sure everything is clear in your head before the hearing.

Good luck once again.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Just had a letter hand delivered through the door -

'Due to lack of judicial time the hearing on 15th November has been vacated and will be re-listed as soon as possible'

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

NOOOOOO !!!!!

How much time to they Bl00dy need ??? You're right and Egg are wrong - simple !!!

They could have given you more notice- a disgrace !!!!!

Just out of interest, why was the case being heard in Kent, when you are based in Gloucester?

What a flamin travesty! Due to lack of judicial time my rear end! I have no doubt Egg are behind that. Bet your bottom dollar they wrote to the DJ & said the ELH was not enough to deal with all the issues they want to raise. Its another stalling tactic! Whya re they delaying the inevitable? Who is the next person due for a Hearing do we know. If so we need to get them to write to the Court in advance to make sure the ELH is agreed and it can def proceed

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

The judicial time was booked and you have paid for it via a court fee - I would dig deeper and find out why they have found it necessary to delay things so close to the hearing; give the court a phone call, maybe there is an inocent explanation like an illness or something (but I bet it's down to Egg).

How frustrating it must be for you. :-(