EEK!! V Egg - Hearing 15th November.*POSTPONED*

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5050 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i think I am as far as anyone, yet the court has recently set a date in jan 07 having decided on the small claims track.... how on earth are egg paying for this misuse of court time are they getting legal aid because they are in the red....

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone won yet against Egg - there seems to be a lot of people claiming but I haven't found anyone on the site yet who has been to court and won!

I've just sent my allocation questionnaire off (yesterday). Waiting to hear about a court date.

Joan

Being the innovative and cutting edge company that it is, Egg are assasinating people who take the claim to court.:eek:

Just kidding :lol:

But very good question, had anyone yet made Egg get egg on their face?

They are a very tough company and have been going through some bad times financially - so it would suit them to keep dragging out cases. I don't think they have even heard of the consumer action group the way they are acting !

Well my case is in two weeks I have just sent off all my documents that I wish to rely on in court. I called egg legal dept the other day just to confirm who and where to send things and seems like they are having a bit of a shake up nobody really knew what to say to me!!!

Hello EEK,

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck. !!! :-)

My case against Egg is currently with the Trading Standards,

I have asked TS to get egg to provide me with a certified copy of my default notice. They told TS that they have supplied it, however I only received a computer print out. Have told TS, and am now waiting for their answer . . .

Hondamad

EGG CC Default Removal: Have reported Egg to Trading Standards, Summery Claim - 2nd Hearing Date 09/10/07. Click here to read posts

Monument CC: received statements, now need to send letters. . . !

BoS Current Account: Settled

Citi Cards: Hhmm seems like I have sued the wrong “entity”. Aaaaahhhhh . . .. oh well back to court I go, and they have settled in full!!!

:-D:p:D

This is just advice from me. If you are not sure please seek legal advice. However if what I have said has been helpful, than please add to my reputation by clicking on the scales :D

Well my case is in two weeks I have just sent off all my documents that I wish to rely on in court. I called egg legal dept the other day just to confirm who and where to send things and seems like they are having a bit of a shake up nobody really knew what to say to me!!!

Where is the legal dept for Egg?

I used to work for them in Derby opposite Pride Park footy stadium.

But even I can't rememner them ever having a "Legal Department"

Someties they

They have 2 main buildings - PB1 and PB2 can't remember which is which but one's for IT and business related stuff, the other is the Call centre and Operations/BAU type stuff.

"Egg card services" is in Basildon but this is for the IS400 "VISA" side of things - seeing as though there's other CC companies in the same building.

The Head office is in london but this is more the Prudential side of things and a masquerade reg's office type thing.

There are more people working for egg in Derby than elsewhere so I'd say Derby is the main office - but there is no "official address" to send anything to.

My mate dealt with some woman on e-mail over a legal matter a year and a bit ago and when I looked her up on Egg's internal mail system (when I worked there) she was based in Derby.

So derby's hot favourite for sending info to.

Also you could use the secure messageing system on egg's website. They get stored for 3 months or something then get archived to tape - so there will always be a record if it if you need to get the info back - upto 6 years later (this is standard procedure across all banks) - all acceptable in court!

I'd be most interested in where eggs legal dept is!

If anything - where to send the court order to.

Can anyone shed any further light on this?

Hi MAGZY, Yes, of course....It's 1 Waterhouse Square

138-142 Holborn

London EC1N 2NA

or so they are saying anyway! It's where St Clare Nelson and his side kick Erin (Brokovitch?? Maybe not) hang out.

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

When I called Egg on Monday to check which address to send all of my evidence to (because I seem to have had corespondance from at least 3 different addresses I was told that David Nelson St Clare and the rest of the Legal Department had moved to Laurence Pountney Hill, London EC4R 0HH. This is apparently due tp Prudential now owning 100% of Egg.

Ps Erin Anderson no longer works for Egg she was only secondered for 8 months and now someone has replaced her a chap called Mr Murphy.

I'm glad I called to confirm where to send things as I wouldn't want egg to use the 'I never recieved it' line!!

Ok Yasmin raised a good point in her thread - I have no court buddy!!!

If anyone at this stage can give me any advise, support or possibly would like to come along for moral support/experience then I would be very grateful.

Ok Yasmin raised a good point in her thread - I have no court buddy!!!

If anyone at this stage can give me any advise, support or possibly would like to come along for moral support/experience then I would be very grateful.

I wish I could come along for moral support but I am in N.Ireland but I will be there with you in spirit.

check this out and see if it is any help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/buddy.php

I called egg legal dept the other day just to confirm who and where to send things and seems like they are having a bit of a shake up nobody really knew what to say to me!!!

You should always use the registered address unless told otherwise on the Acknowledgement of Service or other Court filed document. The whole point of having a registered address is to have a single address for serving official documents.

Good luck!

I live in Bristol...when is the court date? My car is knackered at the mo, but if it is up and running I would try and make it!

Bad Egg..Baaaad!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Co-op bank - won March 07

Virgin Credit Card - won - March 07

MBNA Credit Card - won March 07

I live in London and am happy to come along as a court buddy with anyone who needs it !

I have not started on Egg yet, am breaking myself in with Nationwide.

I am experienced with attending court as I have been to the high court over a dozen times to assist with cases so I guess I am more of a confidence boost than a knowledge base..........

Let me know !

The egg is starting to stink round my way..................8-)

25/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Posted vs Nationwide

31/10/06 - Confirmation S.A.R was Received.

Any update from the Scrambled Egg. What appaling customer service. What a shockingly bad company. I wish I had never touched the :mad: EGG!:mad:

22nd Sept DP request Sent Recorded with £10

26th FD reply returning cheque, promising to courier statements.:-)

Ok having slept on it I feel a bit calmer, however I'm still feeling concerned over what I might be expected to say. Egg have included a witness statement (by David Nelson St Clare) in the court bundle which is what worries me the most.

I've sent it across to BF to have a look at I guess I'll have to wait and see what he thinks.

Thanks for all of your support I really appreciate it x

Good Morning, wonder if its anything like my statement! Keep us informed EEK! Try to stay calm....not easy. I'm sure all this talk of Egg being tough etc is giving St. Clare Nelson, a huge ego. I expect they now believe they're untouchable. . Just keep going, we are all supporting you x

Woolwich won in court/default removed Barclaycard Settled Halifax settled

Capital 1Settled GE Money Settled

Egg Settled-court action re.default 4th hearing!

Indeed.............see you in court EEK!

I'll wear my lucky pantalons !

I'll be the one in a nappy cause I'll be crapping myself ;-)

Nick you are a star. I feel so much more postive about this knowing that I'll have a 'buddy'

Hooray for the CAG forum - what would we all do with out it!!

I might even stroke an egg in a 'Blofeld' manner menacingly throughout the hearing.........