Starting a Woolwich claim

jolufawo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am starting a Woolwich claim, I called today to ask for my statements, they said it would cost me £360 for all of them, is that right, £5 a statement?

They have lodged a complaint for me contesting the amount.

John

Hi

im probably wrong but from what ive read on here the difference is asking for statements which they charge for or doing the Data Protection route saying you want a list of your charges (see sticky in library for letter) which by law I believe they have to provide you with that info and if im not mistaken the maximum they can charge is £10 in total but the £5 per statement from woolwich is correct which is why im going to try the DPA (data protection act) route and see what happens.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will reply but until then, read through some other threads here, especially in the "other institutions" forum which also includes the woolwich.

Good luck and keep us posted as tomorrow im starting mine :)

DPA request in the library - £10 max.

• 1 year later...

Hi ALL

I am claiming my charges back from the woolwich,but maybe I just got VERY lucky, I telephoned them regarding another matter, and the conversation got a tadge warm , where I retorted that I'd heard on the news that people were claiming back charges in droves.And how I was considering claiming mine. The poor young chap (all of about 18 :mad: ) told me not to worry about writing a letter nor sending the £10, he would organise the statements for me, I got one sheet with all my charges going back 3 yrs from when account was opened. I responded with the data letter, but foolishly didn't send it recorded delivery, now the sneaks have made me wait b4 i can go ahead, still only 2 wks to go then i'll have em :D

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks