• Tweets

• Hi Dave, Yep .... Will have to do AOS tomorrow .... Are you referring to CPR 31.14 Request?
    • I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Please Help

rosey-789
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey girl, you are patient......good gracious rosey, the whole planet could've come to an end by then:rolleyes:

Surely this can't be right? Did you not ask of any way in which the proceedings can be speeded-up somewhat?

It figures though, if you had tons of dosh they'd get on with it:mad:

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Sorry muggins but i never thought to ask at the time, she told me to fill in the form which i will do and when i take it back next week i'll ask if it could be speeded up , i really hope so.

she just said that they are finishing claims what they have now and then putting the rest on hold until after the test case, but we'll be first to get payments when the time comes.

They are so laxy-dazicle when it comes to legal aid cases hun. Like I said, make a point of asking her if things can be speeded up a little. Failing this, you can go it alone and either ask the court for a exemption of remission depending on your finacial circumstances.

Have a look see...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/helpful-external-links/2147-court-fees-do-you.html

It might also be worth mentioning that there is a possibility that the test case might be put on hold, which should help speed things up for those of us who've already in the business of reclaiming charges. Have a read at this if you haven't already.

BBC NEWS | Business | OFT may compromise on bank case

Hope this helps, hun. Let us know how you get on, or indeed what you decide. I'm usually around if you need a shoulder to lean on:)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Could someone please help me with the court forms i have to fill in, i don't have the foggiest what to do or say in them and i'm scared i'll make a mess of them.

I'm not the brainiest person at the best of times and this is way over my head .

TBH i am absolutely cacking myself if it does reach the courts, i don't honestly think i'd be able to explain myself properly. i'm a very nervous person and think i'd end up getting confused so i may not win my case anyway.

Then on the other hand i don't want the bank getting away with stealing my money as i see it.

I'm really sorry to moan like this but i am very worried.

Could someone please help me with the court forms i have to fill in, i don't have the foggiest what to do or say in them and i'm scared i'll make a mess of them.

I'm not the brainiest person at the best of times and this is way over my head .

To fill in the N1 form, save the particulars go here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

The particulars in the link above have been superseded by that below:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/107596-new-poc-n1-lloyds.html

Any questions, post up. It is a bit daunting initially, like most things for the first time, but take your time and you will not make a pigs ear of it.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok i'm just about to fill in my forms today as i haven't had time recently due to an illness.

on the links provided by GuidoT , one part says Particulars of Claim etc etc, shall i just copy all that down and then just put my dates in how much i'm claiming etc or do i have to word it myself which i then won't know what to say.

In the second link from my post 57 just use that wording and insert the figures etc. as per your claim. No requirement to draft anything yourself.

Use this, taken from the first link or here:

Brief Details of Claim

Money claim for return of penalty charges applied to the Claimant's bank account by the Defendant

I am a bit concerned that you having difficulties with this part and not the comparatively difficult part.

For the avoidance of any doubt you must ensure that in the 'Particulars of Claim' part (on page 2 of the N1) you say 'See attached' and attach this.

It is essential to get the N1 part right.

do i have to take copys of my statements for everyone at the court or not.

No requirement to issue copy statements yet, this comes later.

It was just the part of the form where it says Brief details of claim that i was confused about as i wasn't sure if i had to copy down everything on the link you gave me or just put down a short detail of what you had gave me. sorry about this.

Brief Details of Claim

Money claim for return of penalty charges applied to the Claimant's bank account by the Defendant

About to do the particulars of claim part of form now.

in the link giving do i have to write all this on all 3 forms?

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

1. The Claimant [has] [had] an account 1 ("the Account") with the Defendant which was opened on or around 2 [and closed on or around 2 ]

2. During the period in which the Account [has been] [was] operating the Defendant debited numerous charges to the Account in respect of purported breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant and also charged interest on the charges once applied. The Claimant understands that the Defendant contends that the charges were debited in accordance with the terms of the contract between itself and the Claimant.

3. A list of the charges applied is attached to these particulars of claim.

4. The Claimant contends that:

a) The charges debited to the Account are punitive in nature; are not a genuine pre-estimate of cost incurred by the Defendant; exceed any alleged actual loss to the Defendant in respect of any breaches of contract on the part of the Claimant; and are not intended to represent or related to any alleged actual loss, but instead unduly enrich the Defendant which exercises the contractual term in respect of such charges with a view to profit.

b) The contractual provision that permits the Defendant to levy such charges is unenforceable by virtue of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999) and the common law.

5. Accordingly the Claimant claims:

a) the return of the amounts debited in respect of charges in the sum of £ 3 and any interest charged thereon;

b) Court costs;

c) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from [date when the money became owed to you] to [the date you are issuing the claim] of £ [amount] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of [enter the daily rate of interest]

I believe that the contents of these particulars of claim are true

Signed: DON'T FORGET TO SIGN IT

Date:

I'm now finding this very difficult to do at this stage so i doubt i'll even have a cat in hecks chance of winning my partners money back for them.

See my post 67 too, I thought you were using the incorrect old particulars.

Take your time, you will be able to do it. It is a lot to take in initially, but it sinks in after a while.