style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What's most effective - Phone or Mail  

13 Caggers have voted

1. 1. What's most effective - Phone or Mail

• Phoned up - got my statements - FREE!
    • Phoned up - got my statements - charged £5
    • Phoned up - nothing yet (waited more than 2 weeks)
    • Wrote a letter - got my statements - FREE!
    • Wrote a letter - got my statements - charged £5
    • Wrote a letter - nothing yet (waited more than 2 weeks)
    • E-mailed - got my statements - FREE!
    • E-mailed - got my statements - charged £5
    • E-mailed - nothing yet (waited more than 2 weeks)
    • Other (please state in a reply)

Hi

I telephoned Halifax telephone banking to request a copy of my statements. Was told that there would be a £5 charge per statement for this. I explained that I didnt actually need copies of every statement, I just wanted to check bank charges for the last 6 years. The lady I spoke with suggested that all I needed was one of their "Investment Account Reports" which would detail all charge activity for the entire period. Requested this and it arrived 5 days later. Took a little bit of working out, but the entire history was there.

I then spoke with telephone banking again and requested another "Investment Account Report" for our joint account. Once again this arrived within 5 working days.

Hope this helps.

Wrote - two weeks ago, and paid £10. To date have only received two years worth - still waiting on the other four years.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I have an Intelligent Finance account - part of Halifax.

Posted my DPA disclosure request Saturday, requesting statements for 2001 -present. Just received call from IF (a) asking why I was seeking this information and (b) informing me that statements cost £5 each, to a maximum of £60. When I suggested that statements were personal data, subject to the £10 DPA maximum fee, I was told that "transactions aren't personal data". I was, however, offered a list of all charges which will be sent out ASAP. Any suggestions on the best response to this? The copy statements would be very useful to me for another personal reason!

Anyone else making progress with IF?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks