Lesleyjane v Natwest CC PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I requested 6 years Natwest credit card statements recently in order to work out all the default charges they had taken from me over the years.

I went through a period of considerable debt a few years ago, found it really hard to cope with and buried my head in the sand for a long time. I wouldn't open envelopes and would leave the phone off the hook permamently to avoid the depressing phone calls.

Eventually I came to my senses, went to see a debt counsellor, consolidated the debt and got back on my feet again (not easy, but I did it!).

I noticed on the statements that from a certain date (approx 3 years after I first applied for the credit card) payments for payment protection start being taken out of my account. I know that I would NEVER have applied for this cover nor signed a document agreeing to it. The payments over the years really add up.

Can anyone please tell where I stand legally when challenging ppi being added to my account? What should I be asking them?