• Tweets

• Women-only co-working spaces are part of the new hybrid working landscape, but they divide opinion.View the full article
    • The music streaming service reports record profits of over €1bn (£860m) after laying off 1500 staff.View the full article
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

let down by CAG???????

caj123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: i don't want to sound bitter but why did this site not recomend the FOS???

my partner phoned them with his complaint and within 12 days had all of his bank charges back without all the rigmarall of posting this letter after that.

i have been using this site and its recommendations since the 11th of january and now i'm going to have to wait till the end of the year cause of this test case. my court date is on the 13th aug and i'm going to have to waste yet more money on my bundle just to have a judge make a stay on my claim!!!!!

not only that i may not get any money back.

the banks must be confidant of winning if they have requested a test case, otherwise they are just going to cost themselves alot of money and embarrisment!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

sorry for my spelling mistakes!!

and sorry if i sound peed off but if this site would of told me about the FOS way back in january then i woud of had my money back by now

Caj123 - No two claims and how they are dealt with by the banks are the same. You only have to look at all the different scenarios that have arisen on posts on the Abbey thread alone to see that there is no set procedure by the banks for dealing with the complaints.

The point I'm trying to make is that your Partners claim could have for a lesser amount, with a different bank, seen by a different member of staff at the bank etc.

There are plenty of people who are in the same boat and many of them will have their claims with the FOS.

I think the banks have requested the Test Case to stem the tide while they put pressure on the media to open the debate about the loss of free banking for ALL customers which seems to be the threat they are already making. If they can swing public opinion against those of us claiming then it may be a lot easier to negotiate a lower charge that is seen by many members of the public as a fair solution (not by myself or many others here, I might add).

There is also the though that the banks are being hit so hard by this that the end of year financial reports need some serious massaging and what better way than to carry these costs over into the next fiscal year;) .

Keep on claiming. You can bet that there will be a damn fine template updated here soon for contesting a stay.

camdenite,

I totally agree with you on this and lets not be too rash on caj123, yes maybe if the FOS could be quicker then a lot more would have gone down that route, but maybe it is also the fact that more and more are asking for the help from FOS as this is the banking complaints ombudsman (sort of if you exclude OFT) and maybe they are so unindated and due to their ongoing investigations have now found it to be the right time to go to court.

MAYBE just MAYBE the banks WILL have to show the exact true costs of what it costs to return any D/D, S/O, Cheques and the rest and with any luck the judges will see this and as in most past cases will be in favour of the consumer and not the greedy banks. Remember all those £Billions of profit EACH of the banks make each year are mostly acheived through these astronomical unlawful charges NOT FEES!

As we all know, things don't happen over night, and as I have 3 seperate claims on 3 seperate bank accounts going on I am a little concerned but won't stop otherwise the timescale just lingers.

Hopefully the courts will be swift in their decision,. and as with the success's acheived so far surely would favour the consumer otherwise what would happen to all those who have been paid out already?

Remember it's YOUR money not the banks swollen coffers.

Keep the claims going in thats what I say.

Regards and be strong

chris

Well i am pretty shocked and extremely disapointed to read that you feel CAG has let you down, all the help that is given on here and yet you still say that people are letting you down, Have you stopped to think what would happen if everyone bombarded to FOS with claims, they certainly wouldnt be able to cope as well as the courts have (and the courts have really struggled) I feel that the advice given on this site has been the most helpful, i first started my claim from other websites and as such didnt quite do things right, lucky for me i came to this site and realised what i had done wrong and immediatly corrected it.

To reiterate what i said in another post

All bank cases have not been suspended. What has been suspended is the requirement of the banks to go through the same old rigmarole of their complaints procedures if the complaint is about charges not that they are suspending all action.

The OFT have no legal right to force courts to stay claims - although, this doesn't mean that the courts themselves won't stay the claims pending the outcome of the OFT's test case, if this happens - we fight it.

I wish all this hysteria would stop, people are going on as if the end of the world has arrived, at this stage THIS ACTION MEANS NOTHING and we should carry on as normal, all this panicking needs to stop there is absolutley no need for panic.

Since when did we ever believe the press in this country anyway, we all now they have always been full of inaccuracies and this is no different.

If you were going to put a claim in, then put it in, if you are allready in the courts system, then carry on, IF any judge decides to allow a stay pending then we need to work together and we will come up with valid legal arguements to appeal, ALL IS NOT LOST

Remember people UNA NOS ES VALIDUS - Together we are strong

:madgrin:

1.Without sites such as the CAG people would not have known about reclaiming their bank charges in the first place. most people have been influenced by the media to reclaim their charges and have not done it off their own backs

2 It is a fact that the FOS cannot award the S.69 interest of 8% and also each case is dealt with on a case by case basis so it is possible one person may gettheir money back in a couple of weeks and others have to wait longer its the same with the courts process some get their money when banks fail to comply with directions and others have to attend at the hearing

personally, i am thankful for the help i have recieved from CAG'ers

paul

• Haha 1

:mad: i don't want to sound bitter but why did this site not recomend the FOS???

my partner phoned them with his complaint and within 12 days had all of his bank charges back without all the rigmarall of posting this letter after that.

i have been using this site and its recommendations since the 11th of january and now i'm going to have to wait till the end of the year cause of this test case. my court date is on the 13th aug and i'm going to have to waste yet more money on my bundle just to have a judge make a stay on my claim!!!!!

not only that i may not get any money back.

the banks must be confidant of winning if they have requested a test case, otherwise they are just going to cost themselves alot of money and embarrisment!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

sorry for my spelling mistakes!!

and sorry if i sound peed off but if this site would of told me about the FOS way back in january then i woud of had my money back by now

There's a few things to note here:

1 - Until quite recently, neither the OFT, FSA or FOS were very interested in handling individual complaints. The fact that they started getting of the fence and dealing with customers is down to... CAG, which tirelessly campaigned and questioned them about their lack of action.

2 - Until even more recently, any resolution brought on through FOS would usually entail the customer losing out, sometimes huge chunks, as the bank would offer derisory amounts, the FOS would say "well that looks reasonable to us", and the customer could either accept or.... you guessed it, go to court. The fact that the FOS finally decided to toughen their stance is undoubtedly down to... CAG, which tirelessly encouraged people no to give up or give away their lawful rights.

3 - As of yesterday, thanks to the OFT's court case, the FOS is yet again as useful as a chocolate teapot, since all complaints have been put on hold until the court decision. However, court actions can (and should) still be lodged, and it will be up to the individual judge whether to stay the case or not.

4 - This is a self-help site. There is plenty of information regarding the different routes you can choose. CAG did not recommend the FOS because until recently, it was not the way to get all of your charges back, but the information was there for anyone who wanted to go down that route. Your partner phoned them and got his money back? Good for him. I had the opposite experience where I got my money back before other users who had gone the FOS route, and I got mine in totality, they didn't.

Noone put a gun to your head and forced you to file at court. I understand your unhappiness, which is shared by many right now, but shooting the messenger won't help.

As for the banks being confident of winning, don't bank on it. I have no doubt that they were forced into that position because things could not be allowed to go on unchecked. Left to themselves, they would have maintained the status quo for years, hoping that the campaign would eventually lose steam.

• Haha 1

As bookworm said,

if it was'nt for the one or two starting the ball rolling and this site being as informative as it is and is continuously updating info as and when they can then what is happening to bring the discraceful carrying ons of the banks no one would be any the wiser of what rights WE have and what the banks have HIDDEN from us.:mad:

I am really glad that I joined this site And Martins site, as collectivelly they have pooled together probably the best FREE information site regarding this and other matters regarding Consumer rights. :)

I hope that when I receive my charges back whether it be tommorrow,:D next week:) , next month:( or next year (lord forbidding) :mad: then I will certainly be contributing the reccommended 5% donation because it's money I have regained which is AND ALWAYS will be mine (and my better half's of course).

Don't panic and keep it going, as they say 'Remember it's YOUR money they have taken, Claim it back!!!!'

regards as always

chris

I am in complete agreement, no one would of even known what to put in the POC's without the help of this site.

1) We always knew there was a chance that a test case would happen. I think it will help the people that didnt have the funds to pursue this through the courts or didnt have a PC. They can then just ring up the bank and ask for there money back, once the test case has been completed.

2) I think a very very few people took this huge task on not really expecting to go to court, just thought a few letters would get them their money, and now this has happened they are complaining and badmouthing this site.

CAG and 100's of people on this website have worked together to help us get our money back. SO THANKS TO YOU ALL, the banks would love it that many of us are in a frenzy, its just what they wanted. so lets not gripe and stick together.

Lets not forget, the banks HAVENT yet agreed to disclose their actual costs yet, and I would be surprised it they do. I can personally see a deal coming on where the banks collectively agree an amount that we should pay and they will pay us all back the difference.

lets just all see how things pan out over the next couple of weeks, Look at it this way, we haven't had some of our money for over 6 years, so another few months wont make a great deal of difference.

THANKS TO CAG and all the MODs/site helpers for helping to deal with the latest twist in the sage, and to alleviate peoples fears.

Completely agree with you guys - its down to CAG that i received my money back and they have provided me with so much help.. (thanks guys) CAG are here to help people with cases like my own, so you should not be so rude and just be greatful you actually have your money back.

my court date is on the 13th aug and i'm going to have to waste yet more money on my bundle just to have a judge make a stay on my claim!!!!!

Your leaping to conclusions and the most pessimistic scenario. I would be surprised if Abbey apply for a stay at this late stage and even if they do it won't necessarily be granted.

:) I for one would not have found the confidence to get as far as court if it hadn't have been for this site. I suggest that anyone who thinks they have been let down is missing the point that we are all working to try and get the same outcome, the quickest way possible. I dont always post on the forum but I do read threads most days and feel that the information given is always useful......I will carry on with my claim and with everyones help deal with each stage as it comes.

Rose:)

Well...I think that all the responses are what is called getting a @flea in your ear'! Everyone will have some concerns over what the last few days has brought up. I don't claim to have anywhere near the knowledge or understanding that a lot of people posting have with regard to the legalites are and what exactly a 'test cast' will end up meaning to us. But common sense means that there is not point or going mad. Have your rant get it out of your system and move on. But just for the record here is an example of differnces between banks and people. I started mine back in September and have fought Abbey tooth and nail for every scrap of information helped in large by templates from this site. I recommended it to a friend who was with Barclays they wrote asking for their statements saying that they wanted them as they were going to reclaim charges and got a cheque by return. That simple and that easy. It is different for everyone and bitchin' about it won't change a thing.

So keep your eye on the prize peeps and lets just hope this all backfires on the banks hugely and cost them a packet. Now that would really make me smile:-D :p :grin:

T J :p

S.A.R Sent 21/8/06

Statements and microfiche received 11/10/06

Request for payement of charges 29/1/07

LBA sent 21/2/07

MCLO filed 26/3/07

Acknowledgement of service recieved 4/4/07

Defence filed/received - transferred to Southend 30/4/07

Stayed unitl 27/6/07

Allocation & Case Management Conference 17/7/07 14:00pm

hi :)

have been using site for just over a month , i have found the ppl here very friendly and helpful and without there advice i would not have been able to put in a claim at my local court last tues ,, people here spend lots of time helping set up templates ect,,

think you all deserve a pat on back for what you done ...

many many thanks :)

All I can say is that without CAG I wouldn't have known where to start or had any of the support that is given whenever I have been a bit unsure of what to do next.

It's down to the CAG that I have already had 2 successful claims from other banks and knew what to expect from the Abbey.

I,like many others certainly haven't been let down!!!!!

Let us not forget Hull, even, it is currently the forgotten city with 20,000 homes flooded, everyone panicked then with Judge Beseford however, Lloyds settled 37 claims before the 4th of July.

It is not fair to blame CAG, all cases are different and to date CAG has come through for everyone.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

I get so tired of people whinging and badmouthing CAG when things don't go there way.....it's like a child having a temper tantrum.

Sorry caj123, but it was YOUR choice to go the court route....no one from CAG stood with your arm up your back forcing you to go this route...YOU chose it and now want to blame somebody else. This is a SELF help site... all the information is there for you to read and make an informed decision.. if you didn't read properly....or decided to go that route yourself....don't look to blame others.

WHY is everybody panicking......bank charge cases HAVE NOT been suspended. It's like mass hysteria....spreads like wildfire. Read the correct information.....it all tells you to just carry on as usual.

This site has given me a huge amount of confidence, help, support and information....I've made some good friends along the way too. The people behind the scenes that run this site as well as those ordinary everyday folk who come along with advice and support...are second to none!! Don't run them down......they do an excellent job!! WELL DONE CAG!! :D

clarion48: Your right there, the FOS and FOT have caused some kind of panic but, when you look through it all, then are many issues not withstanding, common law, the OFT can not change law, it is up to the individual judge in each case etc..I agree with you situation normal, press on with your claims.

cag123 :The banks must be confidant of winning if they have requested a test case, otherwise they are just going to cost themselves alot of money and embarrisment!!!!

If the Banks were confident of winning then, they would not have paid one single red cent to anyone. Press home your claim then, you wont lose out on time limitations and interest is still clocking up.

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

I get so tired of people whinging and badmouthing CAG when things don't go there way.....it's like a child having a temper tantrum.

Sorry caj123, but it was YOUR choice to go the court route....no one from CAG stood with your arm up your back forcing you to go this route...YOU chose it and now want to blame somebody else. This is a SELF help site... all the information is there for you to read and make an informed decision.. if you didn't read properly....or decided to go that route yourself....don't look to blame others.

WHY is everybody panicking......bank charge cases HAVE NOT been suspended. It's like mass hysteria....spreads like wildfire. Read the correct information.....it all tells you to just carry on as usual.

This site has given me a huge amount of confidence, help, support and information....I've made some good friends along the way too. The people behind the scenes that run this site as well as those ordinary everyday folk who come along with advice and support...are second to none!! Don't run them down......they do an excellent job!! WELL DONE CAG!! :D

i think what caj was trying to point out was that the choice was never given to them!

try not to get into slianging matches here. we are all frustated.

The choices are there, it is up to individuals which option they take, we dont need people slating the site, its thread like the one caj123 started which causes so much bad feeling, the first post could have been put in a better way, we are supposed to be all working for the same goal, these kind of thread are damaging to the whole spirit of the site.

Each one of us has an individual responsibility to research properly as to which road to take, this is a self help site, the information is out there that there are two routes to take whichever one you take is up to you, the preferred route is the court one this does not mean ou have to take this route, as this is a self help site then if caj is feeling let down, there is only one person who has let him down, if the full research is done then he/she would have found this out, there too many cases of people not researching properly, and then when they fall on their face because they werent prepared they then try to find someone else to blame.

• Haha 1
:madgrin:

i think what caj was trying to point out was that the choice was never given to them!

try not to get into slianging matches here. we are all frustated.

Sorry, but caj123 wasn't trying to point out anything about choices never given to them.....the CHOICE is entirely their's.....this site repeats in numerous places....READ, READ, READ. If you choose not to read and YOU make a wrong decision....you can't just set up a thread slagging off other people for it.

As a newcomer 'cheekcherry' - you will find that CAG means a lot to a huge number of people......it's not about getting into 'slanging matches' here....as you put it. It's about pointing out that blame shifting doesn't help anyone.....caj123 made a mistake.....yes, people are frustrated but how many times do people have to say....NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Get on with your claims and be THANKFUL for the help given on this site. See how far you'd get without it!!

• Haha 1

Each one of us has an individual responsibility to research properly as to which road to take, this is a self help site, the information is out there that there are two routes to take whichever one you take is up to you, the preferred route is the court one this does not mean ou have to take this route, as this is a self help site then if caj is feeling let down, there is only one person who has let him down, if the full research is done then he/she would have found this out, there too many cases of people not researching properly, and then when they fall on their face because they werent prepared they then try to find someone else to blame

Totally agree with you Icy!!

I'd just like to add my thanks to everyone on this site who has helped me out with my claims!!

Villafan

Left to my own devices I would have written off my £728 with the Abbey , as the prospect of preparing a case and taking on the Abbey would have been just too much for me. This site has given me confidence and support to proceed my claim and answer all my "dizzy blonde questions". Cag and Martin Lewis have made the information available to us , what we decide to do about it is our choice.

I am at Court on 23rd August, and when I heard the media reports I was very frustrated as all the hard work and effort I have put in seem wasted. However since reading this site properly I now understand that it is business as usual .

Anyway what other banking organisation offers 8% interest?

DONT DESPAIR AND DONT WORRY , YOUR MONEY WILL COME . ;)

Wow, this has turned into a real "We shall overcome" thread, hasn't it? :-D

I'm not taking the mick, honest! I think that it's great that at a time where things seem to take a darker turn, for one person with a negative outlook, so many of you are ready to jump in, not give up and state your own positive experience. It also shows that not everybody gets their money back and runs, some of you obviously are still sticking around. :-D

clapping.gif

020.gif