General Cabot Chat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now where shall we start?

Mr M or Mr C ?

Cabot UK or Cabot Europe?

CCA's or S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Elizabeth

1) Need input lol - So Mr M is the head of CF then?

2) Who's Mr C?

3) How many different names have Cabot got?

Just my inquisitive nature;)

Hi Elizabeth

1) Need input lol - So Mr M is the head of CF then?

2) Who's Mr C?

3) How many different names have Cabot got?

Just my inquisitive nature;)

1) Mr M = Ken Maynard he is one of the Directors

2) Mr C = Glen Crawford is also one of the Directors - but he is the smart one with the motormouth calls us nice people "Rogues" (pot, kettle & black spring to mind) - he is also the Cabot solicitor = the man trying his best to wriggle this stuff = our clever friend.

3) Suppose that depends on who you ask in there and what day of week it is, Kings Hill Nos 1, 2, 3, 4, then Cabot UK, Europe, then of course if you want a Loan you can try Morley I'm sure they'd know a way :lol::lol:

There is loads of information amongst the various threads about this group of companies as to who they are and what they do.

Well, they have right royally p1ssed me off no end.

As you know, the CFC had a website at cabotfinancial.eu. This domain name was available for one of several reasons. I would tend to pick it out of the following; lazy, incompetent, tight, or stupid. Maybe even more than one of those reasons.

Anyway, we effectively now do not own this domain name, because Cabot tgink that THEY own the intellectual property rights to the name cabotfinancial, and my registration of the name would in itself damage their "goodwill". As if Cabot and Goodwill were synonymous. Yeah, right!

However, I have a feeling that this may be disputed somewhat by the owner of cabotfinancial.net, who also happen to be a company active in the financial services industry.

But what it boils down to is, they can afford to slap an injunction on me to stop using the name, and drag me through the high court to get control of the name. I can't even begin to defend myself against that. So I basically don't have sufficient funds to defend myself, and yet again it's a case of justice belongs to those with money, in my opinion.

Quick question.... Hands up all those who think Cabot took this step because they genuinely believe that folks would be confused, and think that I was the real Cabot Financial, and would have lured customers away from them?

And who thinks the real reason was because Cabot wanted to stop me publishing their activities on t'internet?

I rest my case.

Seahorse, I think you are an undercover Debt collector at heart through and through and your 2 weeks occasional trips 'undersea' are actually you 'undercover' - Passing Off in it's full capacity :D

Ah, my cover is blown. I've been stealing the kids milk money from the creatures of the deep. And they all have internet access. So there you go.

Although I'd just like to point out that I'm not stupid enough to actually get in the water myself. That's what machines are for. :D

why not just buy the name www.threrealcabot.co.uk, www.bewareofcabot.co.uk, or something similar?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

We may disagree on one subject, but I have to say I did like your website.

I agree that it is down to who can afford to follow the legal process, grossly unfair. Did you try to get the press involved? Did they send you proof of “ownership” or is that just to follow with your CCA?

Without having “cabotfinancial” as a registered trademark they would have to rely on the common law of “passing off”. They would have to satisfy 3 conditions

1) the mark is theirs (bit difficult with the.net website not being theirs)

2) they have built up a reputation in the mark (well is does not say type of reputation so that one may be easy for them to avoid counter-arguments)

3) they have been harmed in some way by your use of the mark (how can they possibly show that you have influenced other consumers when there are so many websites around explaining consumers rights?)

Of course there is added complications for them

1) yours is a .eu not .uk address

2) their letters will contain only their website address, if they choose to phone people before writing then whose fault is if consumers can find so many different websites?

3) The Competition Act is for the consumers benefit so your website is clearly far more in consumers interests.

4) Web searches for “Cabotfinancial” or even “Cabot financial” will display any page containing those words irrespective of the domain name itself.

5) A trademark registered in UK does not apply to Europe automatically.

In a way you won - just think how many domain names they (and their cronies) will have suddenly been buying, how many urgent meetings, those new lawyer costs, race to trademark etc.

Finally if their reputation was so good they would have been able to discredit every point on your site, the fact that they ran to close it down implies that they did not want too many facts readily available.

Finally if their reputation was so good they would have been able to discredit every point on your site, the fact that they ran to close it down implies that they did not want too many facts readily available.

Aktiv, I'm delighted to see you back in the Cabot fray and have learned a thing or two en-route.

Cabot NEVER want too many facts readily available because they have had their little empire, which they built up out of the people they dwell upons ignorance, blown wide apart, investigated and exposed. They think they have won on this .eu bit, but do you think Seahorse would have just given it back without a reason, so simply and so easily? ( Oh he buckled under the pressure of those incy wincy big guns solicitors didn't he ? - HA HA Think again my friends down there in the Towers - We had one or two strings attached to a deal which they ignored and it will be something they live to regret because one of those strings offered them an alternative to improve their image with our help. All deals are now off so exposure is something they better get used to cos they ain't seen nothing yet. There was always a plan 'B' .

I'd suggest Ken and his mates had better employ a few more staff to cope with what's coming next :D

As a matter of interest Mr Maynard, had you accepted the offer you could have saved many of the companies in your boys club at the CSA from exposure too, no doubt the Cabot Fan Club will be coming into the conversations a little more at your meetings and they of course will be looking for your leadership - or your P45......Such a shame, it could have been so different :-D

Sarah

• Haha 1

Aktiv, I hear what you are saying, and I agree that their claim was without substance. And much as I would have loved to fight it out, the reality is, I am in absolutely no position to take any risks with the high court against a company with almost unlimited funds.

So I'll let them have their little tantrum. They had their chance to stop me in my tracks completely, but blew it. And yes, the press is an option, once the matter is finalised.

I see harbor12 lurking at the bottom of the thread.

Coincidentally, there's only me and him viewing at the moment.

And also coincidentally, there is a guest reading my blog. Who has been referred to the site from this thread. And the IP address of that guest points to mailgate.cabotfinancial.com (IP address 194.73.117.114)

Therefore, I can only conclude....

...that Colonel Mustard did it, in the library, with the lead pipe.

Or something. :D

Aye, well they are a bit premature. I'm busy trying to collate everything into a timeline, so visitors can follow the story as it unfolds. Or rather, as it unfolded from January onwards.

You know what I mean. I think I will be at it a while. But I'm on page 5 of my thread already, so I'll get there eventually. ;)

I see harbor12 lurking at the bottom of the thread.

Coincidentally, there's only me and him viewing at the moment.

And also coincidentally, there is a guest reading my blog. Who has been referred to the site from this thread. And the IP address of that guest points to mailgate.cabotfinancial.com (IP address 194.73.117.114)

Therefore, I can only conclude....

...that Colonel Mustard did it, in the library, with the lead pipe.

Or something. :D

Personally I see a Study, a Mr M and some rope ;-)

Just hate every DCA out there