Jump to content

Data Protection Act


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I'm currently in dispute with B&Q regarding a kitchen - I know they have a long and detailed list of my problem - as each time I contacted the local store they were tut-tutting at my complaint and checking back who I'd spoken to etc. Can I ask for a copy of this under the DP Act?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes - you can send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to anyone who holds information about you. With a few exceptions they have to provide all of th einformation that they hold about you.


There is a template for use with banks in the template library. You can use this, but change it as appropriate.


The maximum that they can charge is £10. If you include a cheque for £10 then they can't use lack of the fee as a reason to delay things. If your address is known to them then they shouldn't need any further identification either.


They will have a maximum of 40 of their working days to respond.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...