Which courts are carrying on????

adam1976brown
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Peterborough County Court are carrying on as normal

Just spoke to a very helpful Clerk there who confirmed my Directions Hearing which is not until 23rd Oct is still business as usual and the Judge is dealing with Bank Charge claims already in the system on a case-by-case basis. The Judge will apparently not consider any Stay by Banks until the hearing dates and I therefore do not need to oppose any possible Stay beforehand.

Best of luck to all x

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would seem Judge Oldham has a holiday due. Spoke to 3 mates who are doing this and they say theres have been stayed by him as well

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Would seem Judge Oldham has a holiday due. Spoke to 3 mates who are doing this and they say theres have been stayed by him as well

Which court is this at?

Is it Judge Oldham, or Judge AT Oldham?

:madgrin:

ICY

Sorry, it was Judge Oldham in Sheffield CC.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Bristol CC carrying on as normal. My case is on 24 August and when I phoned yesterday they said it was business as usual.

But, today I received a standard - and may I say very biased - letter from Abbey saying that they'd written to Bristol CC asking for a stay. Can I ask Bristol CC asking for a "go" (or whatever the opposite of a a stay is!)?:)

Marmite girl is in court tomorrow and has a document prepared in case a stay is requested last minute - have asked what it is - I want to know this too - in the courts Abbey and us are equal and there must be a way of requesting a stay is removed if that is it is granted Frankey

signed it

R.B.S Mastercard £7,189.00 written off default removed

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY

Gonna post the list in general too, should get some more attention and raise the profile a bit, then hopefully we can find out exactly what each and every court is doing and saying.

Plus it may give people a bit of hope if they were fearing the banks letters were right saying all cases were stayed when in fact they werent

I've got a really bad feeling about this.......

I'm with a County Court that's carrying on but I think it's just a matter of time before all cases, nationwide are 'stayed' by Judges following suit with one another....

I still think we'll win in the end but that end seems to be further away at the moment.

Hi ICY

I spoke to West London County Court this morning about the letter Abbey sent re. stay of claim (my hearing is next Friday).

The lady looked at my claim and said nothing had yet been received by the Abbey, also that it would take a few days for the stay to be made to them (they are put in a box and the judge looks at each application; this takes a while). I should do nothing unless I hear otherwise and just turn up for the hearing.

She seemed to not be aware of any stays there and I guess each case is being treated individually. I shall call again on Monday and see if I can find out anything further.

MOB

Hi Icy,

received order of stay today:( reads as follows:

Halifax County Court

By order of the designated Circuit Judge His Honour Judge Hawkesworth Q.C

IT IS ORDERED THAT

This case be stayed until the 29th February 2008 pending the decision in the Commercial Court with liberty to apply, any such application specifying the reason why the stay should not apply.

Dated 07 August 2007

stamped with the court seal :eek: (can't draw that I'm affraid and it might get me into trouble).lol;)

What bugs me is that if the judge would have allowed me to get to the next step and allow my Request fro Judgement to be granted, I really would'nt be too bothered about having to wait till next feb, (ps I do need the money) I've waited this long another few months is what I will have to live with.

Also got a reply from the OJC regarding my complaint to the judges decision to place stays at my court and all the others and I will email the person back asap, but due to the complaint I can not say too much yet.;) .

keep you informed

stay fresh peeps

regards

chris

phoned Aldershot and Farnham to confirm they had updated my new address today and enquired if the courts were as normal... she could not comment on individual cases but she said it was normal as a normal thing and claiments were winning... so good news there... i think its each judge to themselves.... she said my case was still for 4th september and turn up as usual. she also hinted and winked and told me in not so many ways dont let abbey know the date is near or they might apply for a stay... turn up and if abbey have not turned up or sent anything in then i can get a judgement against them.. nice lady.... also... sent of court bundle... should abbey have sent me one?????? infact all i have had of them is a defense and AQ....

go for it Adam,

I'm confused now, when I phoned the Halifax court on 6th Aug they said Nationwide had not responded yet and not defended so to call back the next day for the request for judgement then when I did, BANG the judge hsa put a stay on all cases. NO DEFENCE FROM NATIONWIDE as at 6th Aug 2007, STAY ORDERED 7th AUG 2007, ORDER as in post #242 received

10th Aug and TODAY

Notice of Acknowledgement of Service Has Been Filed.?????:mad:

as follows:

the defendant filed an acknowledgement of service on 31 July 2007.

the defendant responded to the claim indicating an intention to defend all of the claim.

The defendent has 28 days fromthe date of service of the claim form with particulars of claim, or of the particulars of claim, to file a defence.

The Acknowledgement was filed by the solicitors acting for the defendant who have given the following name and address for service of documents.

Eversheds Llp

1 Callaghan Square

Cardiff

CF10 5BT.

confused, why did the court tell me they had not acknowledged the Notice of Issue within the required 14 days (6th August 2007) then send me the above Notice of Acknowledgement received at the court on the 31st July 2007?????:confused:

Does this mean it's in or not???:confused:

What is my next move?? apart from posting this on my Nationwide post.

Stay fresh peeps

regards

chris

I just saw that Luton is on a list of courts staying ALL cases.

When this was amended I don't know but I went to court in LUTON on Thursday for my hearing and objected to the proposal for a stay. The Judge in my case specifically stated that no ruling had been made in this court and considered the points I made fairly and objectively. I lost but was granted some conditions on the stay. It was by no means a foregone conclusion.

Regards,

John.

I just saw that Luton is on a list of courts staying ALL cases.

When this was amended I don't know but I went to court in LUTON on Thursday for my hearing and objected to the proposal for a stay. The Judge in my case specifically stated that no ruling had been made in this court and considered the points I made fairly and objectively. I lost but was granted some conditions on the stay. It was by no means a foregone conclusion.

Regards,

John.

POST 3 Thats why Luton has been moved, it was said on Friday that they were staying all claims

OK Icy, slap my wrist!

That's why I said I didn't know when it was posted.

I didn't know it had been moved.

Do I perceive some attitude here?

Next time I won't bother!

Not at all, and i dont see how my post can be perceived as being filled with attitude, have a look at all my other posts on this site, you will see that i do not post with an attitude, and i am frankly quite surprised you have said this, i was just informing you i hadnt just posted that they were staying all claims for nothing, there was absolutly no attitude intended, my intention was completly informative and helpful, apologies if i came across as a bit short.

The post hasnt been moved, just added to the general section so more people will see it, both lists are updated to show the same thing, daily the courts seem to be changing what they are doing so we need to keep checking that current information is up to date, more courts are saying they are staying all claims, which seems to be gtting a bit of a trend, hopefully this will soon change though, especially with the letters being wrote to MPs, further info on this HERE

OK, thanks for that.

Maybe I just read it wrong.

I was a bit peeved that I could have avoided the aggravation if my case had been a day later especially as I'll have to do it again eventually.

At least I made the most of my day in court and got a couple of concessions I wouldn't have had.

Regards,

John.