iqor recoveryfor cabot - idiots

Guest jamesroberts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

with ref to my above comments, i really hope this company has not stolen money illegaly.If so what am i to do, i am in 2 mind of cancelling my bank cards for new ones.

please help,its not a large ammount compared to some people but it is the principal.

the only thing i can shed light on unpaid bills etc, is i have spent a number of months out of the UK and during this time my wife had to go away to nurse her ill father, so the finances were neglected.

regards,

Brian

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All,

I have just looked at my bank account online, and noticed a card purchase for £18.96 to IQOR. i am about to ring them and find out what it was for, my wife isn't here at present.

what do you advise before i ring them as i don't recognise this payment and don't want to give them any more info than they need.

regards,

Brian

Probably best calling your credit card company and telling them it is an unauthorised transaction. They should remove it and charge back IQOR

I have just found out from my wife it was due to missed payments to a catalogue companywhilst she was away, she went to C.A.B. to get advice so i await her coming home to gain more information.

so hopefully i have not jumped in with 2 feet so to speak.

• 3 weeks later...

These people who work for this recovery service are not bothered about how they treat people or how they get you to "pay up". All they care about is the "monies" you alledgedly owe. Even spending 50 minutes on the phone to them does not get through to thier dumb skulls. They intimidate you into paying with threats of "legal action" and "court proceedings". The feelings of other people dont matter to thes jerks. They only talk to you if you "pay them" something. I have absolutely no intention of giving these fools my debit card details since I have read on other sites similar to this one that they steal money off the consumers card once they get hold of the details. My best advice is to stay well away frome these idiots. And keep your credit or debit cards safe from these fools

Edited by The_Dude

im having problems with these muppets aswell :lol: but when they phone i just tell them to either comply with my CCA request for f*** off

Its like i am now terminating the call :lol: and i say ok then bye bye

Then they phone again and i say the same again do they never get the message

I can confirm i have complained to OFT and have said they will hold it on file and if they get anymore they will look at taking appropriate actions we'll see so come on peeps submit your complaints :)

• 2 months later...

just received a letter from EOS Solutions UK Plc about "my Ebay debt"..lol, filed for future reference.

If someone could offer me some advice I would appreciate it.

I now have numerous letters from Iqor, Geoffrey Parker Bourne and now Eos, what would be the best course of action for this blatant harrassment. I owe Ebay NOTHING, Ebay themselves have confirmed this. I dont need to prove anything to any of them and afaik they have to prove the debt, would anyone else go down the legal route for suing for harrassment or is it just not viable.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

After some advice, no idea where to post this either.

iQor are chasing me for £6,384.57, on behalf of the Halifax, and have informed me that they are to send a debt collector to my home.

First of all, I have no intention of letting them in! And have sent a letter asking them to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the account.

Does anyone know on here how I could sign over any valuables to a family member/ close friend just incase they do gain access. If I can mange to do that, at least I know they can't take anything away with them.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Steve

quote > just incase they do gain access

there is nothing they can do, a doorstep collecter has no powers whatsoever, and if they do call tell then to leave or you will call the police

they have NO LEGAL RIGHT TO ENTER YOUR HOME,

nor can they take anything from you, THEY ARE NOT BALIFFS

Baliffs can only call once its been to Court , and if you loose , and ordered to £XX etc by the court

before a baliff can get involved they have to take you to Court thats a long way off , and may or may not happen as they will say in their paperwork

the word MAY is the same as we might , we will think about it , we could do this and that ALL SCARE TACTICS

have a read on the forums about sending them a request for the Consumer Credit agreement you signed they are refering to , other options are sending them a SAR etc

Ive already sent them a request for a copy of the Consumer Credit agreement, waiting on their response to that.

Used to all the scare tactics, this has been going on since 2006. I've had the phone calls, letters threatening letters etc. etc...

Annoyed with this iQor though more than the other ones, their ringing up and hassling my elderly nan asking her about the debt and my whereabouts, they've been told im no longer living there. Their response to that was they'd still send letters there aswel as to my new address.

Ive already sent them a request for a copy of the Consumer Credit agreement, waiting on their response to that.

Used to all the scare tactics, this has been going on since 2006. I've had the phone calls, letters threatening letters etc. etc...

Annoyed with this iQor though more than the other ones, their ringing up and hassling my elderly nan asking her about the debt and my whereabouts, they've been told im no longer living there. Their response to that was they'd still send letters there aswel as to my new address.

No point asking for a CCA, Ebay accounts don't fall under the CCA 1974, so you won't receive anything back.

Andy

Do you know how I could sign over valuables though to someone? Thinking that its only a matter of time before bailiffs do get involved. Been told that it is possible to do this in order to stop them taking anything.

Thanks, Steve

Steve, sure mate..post em to me, I'll keep 'em safe and sound, got any cash you want looking after too :) ?

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Not heard anything back from iqor yet, sent them a postal order for £1 for a true copy of the credit agreement. No reply and no return of the postal order, it was stated that the postal order was only to be used for that purpose.

Letter was sent to them March 19th by recorded delivery.

am i right in thinking they had 21 days to reply?

Cheers, Steve

• 3 weeks later...

here is what I have written to them, funnily enough they have left me alone since. Hope you enjoy my letter.

Dear Ms Sawyer

Thank you for your reply to my complaint and spending the time to write to me and allowing me to respond. I would like to reassure you that any of my comments are not aimed at you personally and are aimed solely at IQor itself.

I am still unsatisfied with the way in which IQor has conducted itself and would firstly like to repond to your comments “IQor Recovery Services is most concerned that you have had cause to complain about the conduct of our organisation. We aim to act with professionalism and integrity at all times to safeguard the reputation of our Clients and ourselves”.

Let me begin my informing you of the experience I had with IQor. The first correspondence I received from yourselves was a letter which I received on Thursday 11th March informing me, in a threatening manner that I had three days to pay a sum of £83.36. I contacted your company on Friday the 12th March and was informed that you had tried to contact me several times (on a telephone number that didn’t belong to me) and had written to me a month previously with the same threatening letter I received on 11 March. I stated to your advisor that I was not in the position to make a payment and would call at the end of the month when I got paid and make a small payment. At that time I gave your advisor my correct telephone number.

At that point I can only presume that your company decided to add my number into your Automated Victim Harrassment Service, which I believe consists of sending text messages and telephone calls harassing me for payment.

The reason I have come to that conclusion, is that the day after, Saturday 13th March I received a text message from your company asking me to call them URGENTLY. As obviously nothing in my financial situation had changed from 24 hours previously I couldn’t understand why you would want me to contact you. This text was received very early in the morning on Saturday, woke me up and my friends 9 month baby which caused stress and inconvenience to the whole household. The number that was left on the text message was a 08451 number, of which I have retained in my mobile phone.

It is at that point I decided to write my complaint email to you, which I sent on the Sunday 14th March.

However, the reason that assisted in my conclusion that your company were inept and unprofessional, happened on the following Monday morning whilst I was at work. One of your advisors (no doubt working on the Automated Victim Harrassment Team) called me. The number that called was one digit different to the number that texted me on the Saturday morning.

Your advisor asked to speak to Miss Hilton, I confirmed I was Miss Hilton, then I asked who was calling and she stated “Ebay”. She then proceeded to ask me for “security reasons” what my address and date of birth was. I refused to give her this information, as I am certainly not naive enough to divulge this to anyone who cold calls me. Your advisor, not able to take the call further, hung up. I obviously do not have any evidence of this, but if your company prides itself on it’s practices and procedures then I would be assured you would have recorded this conversation. It happened at approximately 10.42 on the Monday 15th March if you would like to investigate further.

I would like to point out that this conversation attracted attention from my work colleagues and caused me embarrassment, and not only that but your company misrepresented themselves by stating they were calling from Ebay when they were not. I am intelligent enough to work out that ebay wouldn’t have the same telephone number apart from one digit as yourselves. I also know that consumers are advised never to give personal details over the phone to anyone who calls them, so I am surprised that your company allows this type of harassment and what could be interpreted as intimidation to be part of your procedures in order to gain payments

After that I heard nothing else, which is when I presume you had received my complaint to which you quickly responded to on Wednesday 17th March and removed me from your “Automated Victim Harrassment Service” that you provide. I was bemused at your comment “In order to avoid any inconvenience we have removed the telephone numbers from your file and should we need to contact you again we will do so my letter”, as I wondered how this had not occurred to you in the first place. Do you actually think some of your “debtors” prefer to be harassed with phone calls and text messages? Is it their preferred way of being hounded? I do like the idea of the text message asking for me to call you, afterall, why should you pay for the telephone call to harass me when I can be dupped into paying for it myself?

However, by far my most favourite part of your reply is “Should you prefer to have the numbers reinstated on the file please let us know and we will be happy to do so”. I thank you for allowing me to me opt out of this (AVH) service you provide, and if, I should feel that I am not being harassed on my mobile phone enough by your staff pestering me for money whilst I am at my place of work, to humiliate me or texting me early at the weekend to wake me up, I will of course let you know so you can provide this invaluable and enjoyable service to me once more.

I would like to reiterate that I do not dispute the fact that I have an outstanding invoice from Ebay. My complaint is purely on how you have conducted yourselves by trying to intimidate me by threatening court action for £83.36, suggesting in a patronising manner that you can affect my credit rating, then harassing me on my mobile phone, not only to mention misrepresenting yourselves by trying to make me believe you were calling from Ebay.

Misrepresentation is, underhanded, unprofessional and probably illegal. In my opinion a company who has to resort to such tactics would only be unscrupulous and unprofessional organisations, which is exactly how you have portrayed yourselves.

Therefore, if IQor aim to act with professionalism and integrity, I would suggest you looked further into the practices of your call centre staff who no doubt are young people given a script, are on the minimum wage, commission based and are probably encouraged to lie and to say whatever they want to get money off people. Your inexperienced call centre staff, quite worryingly, now have access to my personal details on your computer system. Which if I insisted you would have to send to me under data protection laws. Another reason I doubt your authenticity and integrity, is the lack of feedback from your debtors on your website. There are plenty of flattering comments from your clients, but there is no opportunity from people you seek money from to comment on their experiences with your company.

Do you think Ebay would take kindly to me sending my complaints about you to them? Because, I think they may take a dim view of your company misrepresenting themselves and harassing people and may take the opinion that this may damage their reputation and choose someone else to collect their debts. Furthermore, you have failed to provide me with any legal documentation and breakdown of your administration fees, of which I requested in my last email. I certainly don’t remember asking you for a printed copy of my Ebay Invoice, which you somehow decided to send to me instead.

Taking all the above into account, I have come to the conclusion it would be unwise of me to enter into any financial transactions with your company. I would be worried in giving you a payment, over the phone with my debit card for a small payment. Because with those details there would be nothing stopping you from claiming any amount from my account and I would have no evidence that I hadn’t authorised it and legally have no right to claim it back from you. Judging from your behaviour who would blame me? After all, the only companies I have given my debit card details to over the phone are companies I have chosen to deal with and that I trust, IQor certainly does not fit into this category.

I would like to advise you that the final insult to this experience is the fact you expect an administration fee for the harassing, threatening, patronising service you have provided. It is something I am determined I will not be paying for. Why should I pay for you to harrass and insult me? May I suggest that my emails to you have taken a great deal of time and thought. I am actually considering charging you for my own administration fee, which would include extra costs for the embarrassment, inconvenience and stress your company have caused me. I am happy to provide you with a detailed breakdown of this, something of which you obviously find difficult to provide to me.

I trust now that this matter is concluded and I do not expect to hear from you again.

Yours sincerely

Miss Hilton

Well done on the letter whoriqor - but you fell into the trap of calling these leaches and expecting them to be honorable. - these fools at IGOR Inc are nothing if not predicatble in their attempts to harras people.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no reply after i sent them http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...ibed-timescale on the 16th of April.

No return of my postal order either from my first letter to them requesting a copy of true credit agreement back in March. It stated that it was only to be used for those means and not anything else, and to be returned to myself if they could not provide me with the request.

Got funny feeling they've used the postal order and took £1 off account :evil: