nat west

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, new to this site, would love some advice. Nat west made an offer re: bank charges of just over 4k. Offer made in writing, following a detailed claim. After discussion with them, the offer was accepted and acknowledged in writing to them 3 weeks ago. they now claim they didnt recieve anything by post, and as of todays courts events all claims are suspended anyway... its taken me over two hours to speak to anyone, even tho' i had contact names etc, and they also tell me the computers are down so cant help. Have I got any chance? do I have to go for breach of written and verbal contract? (which I wouldnt know where to start). Any comments be much appreciated.

This will be a slightly different matter then, since they are actually offering (unless you state otherwise) a gesture of goodwill payment. It is not based on law etc.

You need to chase them up by letter - unless you record telephone calls as a matter of routine - and will then have to proceed with action based upon their response, or lack of.

Had you previously started court action, or did it not get that far?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.