MERCERS and 2 faulty BC DNs **WON**

Delfi101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks BB, I don't know how I could not be upbeat ... the CAG have changed my life and I'm happy to take this bunch of winkers on with all of your support.

I have nothing to lose ... I own my house outright and have no kids. I now have surplus money (not the case when this started). So what exactly is the worst that can happen?

I'm the sort of guy that thrives on 'new stuff' ... I learn quickly and my academic background is based on logic. I can see that I have a strong case and theirs is built on sand.

Paul (pt2537) has been simply awesome ... thanks mate!!!! It's been said loads of times but you ARE a star.

I object to these people and how they operate ... the CAG have a friend for life.

D

• Haha 1

Optimistic have provided me with photocopies of the flawed application form and default notice that I used in my defence. Read that again ... I can prove that both images are originally mine ... they have nothing! They're sending me copies of the stuff that I'm sending them.

I think we've always know Mercers aren't the sharpest tools in the box and it seems they're not letting us down on this one.:grin:

David

i think we noticed that ages ago my daughter is more intelligent than them

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

:grin: priceless:grin:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm sitting here smiling ... a year ago that would not have been the case.

I have some work (4-6 hours) to do tomorrow regarding this case (no details from now on for obvious reasons). Once again my life has been made easier by Paul. I don't know how many times I'll end up thanking this guy.

I will publish EVERYTHING that has been happening after this is settled but, for now, suffice it to say that there have been further underhand tactics by the opposition. Our resident expert was rather abusive about this by email :-) These people take the biscuit. Such language ... sheesh!

I continue to ask myself "what's the worst that can happen?". I can't think of anything that bad really. In a totally objective sense this whole process has put me in touch with some really decent people, I've learned loads and, I hope, I've made some friends.

So, no matter what, I win :-)

Nice one D.

i total agree this horrible matter of debt does give u some nice new friends and help u learn a thing or two.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Delphi101- Right just finished reading from start to finish and have to say am feeling somewhat inspired by your hard work and determination.

I will await with baited breath the next round of developments as I feel your journey will be one I will be taking in the not to distant future.

Thanks for your offer of support, very comforting to know a resource such as CAG and all it's members are out there.

how much longer do we have to wait D?

yesterdays result looks good for u.

It's worthwhile remembering that this thread is about 3 separate battles.

I'll start an Optima thread from here immediately (with a link) and then as the other fights progress to anything significant I'll start the relevant threads.

And, as if by magic, here is the new thread for Optima/Mercers/BC

D

Edited by Delfi101

Yes in same position - automatic sweeping phone calls all times of day and night, especially on my husband's mobile at the office (no wonder the banks ask for mobile numbers). Three phone calls and when dial 1471 get a number like 015 4710079 which is unobtainable - would this phone number be linked to a computer?

Best place for a telephone recorder etc is Sipgate.com ... you get a new number and answerphone which is free for incoming calls.

NEVER EVER talk to these people. Insist on everything in writing.

The telephone system that they use is an autodialler and it gets worse than annoying.

D

Thank you for your advice. Barclaycard have told me that they do not do anything in writing ("it takes too long"). I am about to write a third letter and am going to copy to chairman and chief exec. of Barclaycard, explaining that they appear to breach the Banking Code which states that they will help deal with your financial difficulties and tell you in writing what they have agreed. Also I will complain again about the harassing phone calls. I had a long think last night and have come to the conclusion that the call centre, the ones that make all the calls, appears to be the "intimidation" deparment - their first duty is to harass everyone with phone calls, humiliate, degrade and embarrass us. On two occasions when I have talked to them when they made a ludicrous offer of repayment, I asked them if they had received my recorded delivery letters with personal budget sheet - they didn't know what I was talking about. I don't know how many people are in that call centre in Northampton, but say it's 200, I'm absolutely positive they haven't photocopied my letter and budget sheet and attached it to a file for everyone to read, or uploaded it on their computer system. So this department must be to put the frightners on everyone with covert threats, very carefully done, of people perhaps turning up on one doorstep, the word baliff sort of creeps in and of course going to court. Assuming 95% of people who attach a truthful budget sheet would only be too pleased to go to court - because the court could soon work out that people are telling the truth and a realistic repayment could be arranged and of course interest and charges frozen. So they will do their best to intimidate you, and perhaps frighten people into taking out even more loans to pay them off. I'm not sure but if you do send a recorded/registered letter, do they have to accept it? If they do receive it which department does it go to - certainly not the call centre intimidation deparment. I want to come to an agreement, unfortunately it won't be much, but I don't think these people on the phone can make a decision if they don't read your budget sheet. Meanwhile, interest and charges are continuing to accrue I suppose. I'm hoping that copies of my letters sent to the chairman and chief exec. will help because I can't believe they are aware of these scare tactics that the call centre are doing. What else can I do if they won't reply in writing - go down the complaints procedure and ombudsman? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am at the end of my tether. Thanks

granada, if Barclaycard are saying they wont communicate in writing and are continuing to harrass you whilst there is a genuine dispute ongoing. Then make your complaint to the FOS and TS. Let Barclaycard know that you have done this and that definitely puts the account into DISPUTE.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can you tell me what the CCA is please. Sorry but this is the first time I've been involved in this sort of thing. Thanks

Thank you for getting back to me. What is the FOS and TS?

Granada, have you started your own thread? You will get more assistance tailored to your own specific needs rather than on an established thread.:)

Okey dokey.. FOS = Financial Ombudsman Services. TS = Trading Standards. CCA = Credit Card Agreement.

BCOBS

How do I start my own thread - sorry to be so thick!

I dont know what forum you want to be in.. either Debt collection or Legal Issues.

This link will take you to the Debt Forums.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/

You will see a button that says (NEW THREAD) Click on that, give your thread a title..something like.. Granada fights back.. then just say what your particular problem is and CAGers can post their responses for you. :D

This link should take you to Legal Issues, where you will follow the same procedure as above.

Legal Issues

BCOBS

Once again guys, there's now a lot of noise appearing here.

I don't want to be unhelpful but this is a thread started about 3 specific fights and, recently, how they are being dealt with.

One fight already has a spin off thread and I suspect that will happen with the other 2 very soon.

This has gone on for quite a while, so can I ask that simple Q's by worried folks are posted elsewhere and not at the end of a long and complex thread that started with the same Q's.

I would like to keep this going for information ... please don't add random and/or unrelated trivia ... it makes it hard for people to read.

Ta,

D.

Hello granada,

Once you have managed to start a thread, come back here and tell us where it is and what it is called!

There is quite an interest in Barclays at the mo!

Best wishes, Jeff.

This is the link for granada :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/153752-granada-fighting-back-barclaycard.html

BCOBS