Jump to content

Jenny v Lloyds TSB


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

We filed at Guildford County Court a couple of weeks ago.


Yesterday, we received a standard letter from [problem] saying that LTSB were going to defend the claim. Today, we received another letter from [problem] offering a full payment in "full and final" settlement.


Before today's announcement, I would have written accepting the offer as part payment and continue to claim (we have since incurred more charges that we would like to claim). However, I'm now wondering whether it would be prudent to accept their offer.


What is the likelihood that the banks will win the test case? If the do, are all claims off? How long before it will be heard? If we reject their offer, it seems that our claim will be put on hold until after the test case. Would it be better to take the money now?


Thanks in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites

wo wo wo, i think your panicing just a little, the test case most probablywont get heard until next year, and the chances of them winning in my opinion is very slim that is why they have paid out on 99.9% of the claims.


how much difference is there bewteen what they offered and what ur claiming:D


Link to post
Share on other sites

BBC NEWS | Business | Banks agree to charges test case


This is the part that worries me:


"Market watchdog the Financial Services Authority (FSA) will allow banks to suspend dealing with any claims for repayment of overdraft charges filed against them until the test case has been decided. "


The case could take months. If I can get the money now...


They have offered the full amount (including court fee). My only reluctance in accepting are the clauses which seemingly prevent me from claiming again in the future.


The amount claimed is £1942.00 including interst and court fees. They have already levied charges of over £200 since I filed this case.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...



We received a letter from SC&M stating that all claims are being stayed until after the test case, but that their client's offer still stands and requesting that we confirm our acceptance.


This we did and received a letter stating that our claim would be paid directly into our bank account within 7 days.


Today we received a letter from the court stating that our case was being stayed until further notice, so it looks like we got in just in time!

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...