hillesden securities (DLC)

edandbern

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, im still very new to all this so please bear with me. i may not be able to stay on very long due to ill health. 3 months ago i started to get letters from dlc stating i owed them over £3500. i found this web site and started to take the good advice i was given and heard nothing from them until yesterday. my wife in her panic phoned them up and came to an aggreement to pay them £10 a week. when she told me i was at work and told her to ring them back and tell them that until they supply the cca they will get nothing. this she did and when i got home i wrote a letter to them telling them the same and as they had threatned to come to my home again. i told them if they did this i would be taking them to court for harrassment. i am a little worried over this as is my wife who is also unwell. can anyone advise me further? permalink, you seem to have a good handle on this, any advice? would be very grateful.:-(

If you have already sent a CCA letter then send a telephone harrasment letter as well that states you will only correspond via letter. How long ago did you send the CCA?

idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

hi, i sent the request for the cca by recorded delivery first thing today and included the bit about the telephone harrassment and told them that from now on the only correspondence i will enter into will be via letter.

Ed, I have just checked back to your thread three months ago and I believe

you sent them a CCA request then.

If this is the case, there was no need for you to send another. The debt is

unenforceable at the moment if they have not yet produced a copy of

the original agreement. And in fact they should not have demanded money

from you-this is a clear breach of the Act.

• 3 months later...

I am just after some advice if anyone can help ?

A long story cut short: -

I had an account with Barclays Bank which I defaulted on and in turn my account was sold to Hillesden Securities Limited. The account balance at that time was £1,608DR.

In February I claimed back excessive charges from Barclays Bank via the Financial Ombudsman and received a full refund of charges. I was awarded £1260.

I therefore believe my liability to be £348 to Barclays Bank plc (now Hillesden Securities Limited).

I do realise that it may have been in my best interests to of paid the amount refunded from Barclays direct to Hillesden Securities, but, obviously I don’t want to without a fight.

I have disputed the claim Hillesden Securities have against. I have advised Hillesden of my refund and advised them I will settle in full and final without any liability in the sum of £348. (This being the original balance less the refund).

This has not been accepted and I am currently in a position where neither side is moving forward. As far as the paperwork behind the claim for Hillesden Securities is concerned they have a record of £1608 being outstanding. Obviously this includes £1260 worth of default charges etc which Barclays later refunded to me…

Interestingly, I believe Hillesden Securities may of purchased my account for an estimated sum of £350 (The actual amount viewed by me as debt)…

I have requested and paid for a copy agreement which has not been received. An offence has now been committed. I also did not provide permission for the agents of Hilleden (DLC) to view my bank statements – is this a concern due to Data Protection? I believe the terms and conditions of sale will detail if DLC have authority to view my personal statement ?

However, my credit file still reflects £1608 as a bad debt and I am now currently working on having this updated to reflect £348 at the very most.

I do not believe the claim Hillesden Securities has against me to be valid – what is your opinion on this ?? I wonder if the Vendor is liable to Hillesden Securities ?

How do I move forward in aid of having my credit file amended bearing in mind the above ??

re hillesden securities i have recieved two more threats from these people saying they are going to send someone to my house so i lost the rag and rang them. they argued that i owe them this money and that they sent the cca a while ago and that they are not responsible for the post. they did not send anything i assure you.i told them that i would not accept any more corrospondence from them unless it is in writing and sent by recorded delivery. i also told them this in a letter. i have a copy of the last letter but i am unsure how to post it on the site, any help would be appreciated.they also said that they would not spend money on recorded deliveries that the first class post was ample. i am very worried about this and dont know what to do next. help please.

re hillesden securities i have recieved two more threats from these people saying they are going to send someone to my house so i lost the rag and rang them. they argued that i owe them this money and that they sent the cca a while ago and that they are not responsible for the post. they did not send anything i assure you.i told them that i would not accept any more corrospondence from them unless it is in writing and sent by recorded delivery. i also told them this in a letter. i have a copy of the last letter but i am unsure how to post it on the site, any help would be appreciated.they also said that they would not spend money on recorded deliveries that the first class post was ample. i am very worried about this and dont know what to do next. help please.

Try to remian calm you are in the right so have no need to get mad.

DO NOT phone them this is what they want you to do. Keep all contact in writing and ignore any letters they send telling you to ring. They know the law and are trying to bully you. Just wait for the CCA time limits to expire.

Also them saying they are sending people to your house 99% of the time is an empty threat and just a bullying tactic.

But if somebody does turn up refuse to let them in ask them to leave your property and tell them you refuse to accept anybody from their company on your property. If they refuse to leave contact the police.

Easy for me to say I know but you are in the right don't let them tell you otherwise

Worst case scenarios:-

Should anyone arrive from DLC they are likely to be field agents. Do not worry they have no powers in relation to enforcement. They are just likely to try and deal with you face to face rather than on the phone.

Should DLC apply for a CCJ then they could apply for a Warrent of Execution which could result in a bailif visit. Even then, to deal with this contact the court and apply for form N245. If you are unemployed this is free and if you are employed the cost of this form was about £30. This figure may of increased since I was working in Litigation with Horwich Farrelly Solicitors about 2 years ago.

hi again, i have just recieved another letter from DLC with a very bad copy of what seems to be the back page of a standard cca. also there is the page where we we both signed. highlighted on the back copy page it says, Quote:We may assign(transfer) our rights under this aggreement to such person(the assignee) as we wish; for example we may assign a funder in the context of our own funding arrangements. if we assign,and either we or the assignee give written notice of this to you, then from time to time:

. You will make payments under this aggreement to the assignee,at such bank account as the assignee may notify to you,and

. The assignee may enforce this aggreement against you instead of us.unquote. am i now obliged to pay these maggotts or come to some sort of an arrangment with them.

Form - N245 = Application for suspension of a warrant and or variation of an instalment order.... (This can only be used post CCJ).

I just have a few questions for you...

In your original post you state the following: -

"letter from dlc stating i owed them over £3500. i found this web site and started to take the good advice i was given and heard nothing from them until yesterday. my wife in her panic phoned them up and came to an aggreement to pay them £10 a week"

Is this debt solely in your name ?

Ifso, did your wife discuss this account with an agent of DLC ?

Have you or did you provide authority for DLC to disclose information ?

Did you wife just advise of matters and then create an instalment arrangement ?

How long ago did you issue your CCA request and did you enclose payment of £1 ?

hi, thanks for your reply, to answer your questions in order.

1. no the debt is in both names

2. my wife did discuss it with dlc

3.no need as it is in her name

4.she just made an affordable offer

5.it must be 5 months ago now, and no, i did not enclose £1 payment.

i have just recieved the cca from them this morning and attach it so you can have a look.

CCA001.pdf

Consumer Credit Agreement (2).pdf

Hi

Trading standards are very intrested in the actions from these muppets. They are compiling informati to make a complaint to OFT.

I urge anybody who has got a problem with them to email T/S below

[email protected]

Click here for great help:razz:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....hat-youre.html

If I have helped please give the scales a press.

• Haha 1