• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Office Of Fair Trading Test Case

Guest Wild Billy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know, the tough thing is - some would say that them waiving the 8 week rule and allowing the ombudnsman to stop processing charges complaints does ultimately benefit us.

I don't think so, in which case, I might write to them asking for their reasoning under the Act.

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should all write to the secretary of State asking for him to overturn this decision

Don't you mean her? :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

I think we should all write to the secretary of State asking for him to overturn this decision

We could try, but like that's gonna happen anyway.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

who is it anyway?

dunno lol

My charges claims:

Default removals:

probably one of these:

Her Majesty's Government

Halifax - Credit Card: 14/11/06 sent S.A.R, 29/12/06 sent Prelim, 11/01/07 1st bog-off received, 15/01/07 LBA sent, 01/02/2007 MCOL started for £1801 (inc court costs and 8% int.), 02/02/2007 MCOL cancelled... , 09/06/2007 Court claim started, 01/06/2007 Claim Acknowledged, 07/06/2007 Claim concluded, £1540 to be reimbursed into CC account.

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Storecards (3): 11/06/07 sent S.A.R, 15/06/07 Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Wife's Storecards (2): not started yet...

Nationwide - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Business A/C: not started yet...

and the rest I haven't remembered so far... : not started yet...

Oh, I thought it was a woman.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I really don't understand this. The law needs to be clarified and that will now happen. That's a good thing isn't it? There have certainly been plenty of posts calling for a test case in the past so why shy away from that now? Everyone knew it would happen at some point and it should have happened much earlier.

What the hell are people scared of? Everyone is confident the Regulations apply and the charges are unfair so the law will prevail. Or aren't you so confident and you're now worried this will upset the applecart? This issue is bigger than anyone on this site and this case stands to benefit everyone in the UK, not just the thousands on this site.

The alternative is that the test case is never taken and the law is never calrified. Is that what we want? I don't. The OFT may be a lot of things but to suggest a Government department is in cahoots with the banks is just stupid. As is the suggestion the banks welcome this. Of course they don't. It's just spin. If you're taken in by this then I would say you are pretty stupid.

I don't currently have a claim with a bank so maybe I'd be more annoyed if I had. But I'm seeing the bigger picture. We should all be very happy with this, even if it means it will take a bit longer to get the money back.

I have only just read this post having just found time to go through the entire thread so I apologize if its a late reply.

Are you really that naive that you don't believe that this has been coming for a long time and that it is already a done deal?

The OLD BOY Network has always been the way things are done and always will be. The judiciary and the bigwigs of the financial world have already decided what will happen. After all their bonuses depend on the outcome of this.

The most important point of this whole affair is that the banks can still charge their

offensive penalties and the consumer cannot claim back until a decision is made. How unfair and disgustingly stacked for the establishment is that. None of the people who are complaining would mind waiting if the banks had to as well but they have been given carte blanche to carry on while the little man in the street (their customers) has to wait.

That is the point. the OFT and the banks would have gained a lot more credibility if that had been the case, but now every consumer who wants their money back has to wait with the possibility of losing at the end.

Thats what everyone is so concerned for.

maggiebroom :evil: :evil:

I have only just read this post having just found time to go through the entire thread so I apologize if its a late reply.

Are you really that naive that you don't believe that this has been coming for a long time and that it is already a done deal?

The OLD BOY Network has always been the way things are done and always will be. The judiciary and the bigwigs of the financial world have already decided what will happen. After all their bonuses depend on the outcome of this.

The most important point of this whole affair is that the banks can still charge their

offensive penalties and the consumer cannot claim back until a decision is made. How unfair and disgustingly stacked for the establishment is that. None of the people who are complaining would mind waiting if the banks had to as well but they have been given carte blanche to carry on while the little man in the street (their customers) has to wait.

That is the point. the OFT and the banks would have gained a lot more credibility if that had been the case, but now every consumer who wants their money back has to wait with the possibility of losing at the end.

Thats what everyone is so concerned for.

maggiebroom :evil: :evil:

Not if we challenge it under the section of the Financila Services and Markets Act 2000 mentioned above- the benefits of the thier decision HAS to b proprotionate, it's not, so it's a direct breacho fhte Act.

I'm gonna write to the FSA for their explanationl

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Not if we challenge it under the section of the Financila Services and Markets Act 2000 mentioned above- the benefits of the thier decision HAS to b proprotionate, it's not, so it's a direct breacho fhte Act.

I'm gonna write to the FSA for their explanationl

Hear Hear Un1boy,

I think, rahter than take the attitude of 'well that won't work' if we all do a little something, like write to our MP's or sign the petition on the downing street web site ( needs over 250 sigs to go to a minister)

I think if we all did something togehter as a consumer group, we will make a noise so loud someone will have to hear.

Tell Gordon Brown, if he doesn't overturn this stupid legislation, he will not be getting our vote.

Worked in the US

I posted on another thread, but think it is valid here.

I went to court today, Barclays sent a Barrister as a representative. She presented us with a Stay until final determination is made. She said the test case will likely as not be before CHRISTMAS, with a determination not expected for perhaps a further 12 months.So...Barclys still have my money, and I am now expected to wait perhaps 18 months before anything will be clarified.

They will be getting an account for my wasted time and time off work, along with 12-18 months worth of accrued interest!!! :mad:

Hear Hear Un1boy,

I think, rahter than take the attitude of 'well that won't work' if we all do a little something, like write to our MP's or sign the petition on the downing street web site ( needs over 250 sigs to go to a minister)

I think if we all did something togehter as a consumer group, we will make a noise so loud someone will have to hear.

Tell Gordon Brown, if he doesn't overturn this stupid legislation, he will not be getting our vote.

Worked in the US

Lmao - do you really think he'll be getting our votes anyway?

PS, I agree with you!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I went to court today, Barclays sent a Barrister as a representative. She presented us with a Stay until final determination is made. She said the test case will likely as not be before CHRISTMAS, with a determination not expected for perhaps a further 12 months.So...Barclys still have my money, and I am now expected to wait perhaps 18 months before anything will be clarified.

They will be getting an account for my wasted time and time off work, along with 12-18 months worth of accrued interest!!! :mad:

What comments did the DJ make? if any!

Did anyone oppose the stay? If so, what happened?

FC

Barclaycard: SETTLED AFTER LBA

Barclays 1: AT COURT

Barclays 2: WITH FOS

Capital One: SETTLED AFTER N1

Egg: SETTLED AFTER LBA

HFC: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

Lloyds TSB: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - WITH Information Commissioners Office

RBS: AT COURT

Can someone kindly provide a list or links to the petitions that have been raised in respect of this new development. At least we can make a start by protesting with our keyboards and signing petitions wherever they are, this way we can make our voices heard enmasse. Ministers are put into parliament to serve the people and not the other way around.

Common sense should make sense to all those that appear common. The FSA decisions does not represent common sense to delay money claims of those that appear common. Money is useful to the banks, but not above members/individuals in society that are in need of it the most. :mad:

What comments did the DJ make? if any!

Did anyone oppose the stay? If so, what happened?

FC

I didn't even get as far as the judges chambers. The Barrister met with all the Barclays complainants as a group.

she had been there all day as was presenting people with the Stay, and saying the judge wasn't seeing anyone as it was a waste of time.

No one opposed anything, and unfortunately I didn't know how to go about that

:confused:

Can you type / scan what is actually written on the stay (or application for a stay?)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I will scan and post....give me a few minutes - I am at work :)

Thank you very much:)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

Same way as any other file... the document below described it... same procedure, but with a pdf the limit on file size is 90mb+

UploadFile.doc