WELCOME FINANCE EVIL WOMAN - - please please advise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just got off the phone with the biggest bitch i have ever had the displeasure of talking to.... i am a month behind with my welcome finance secured loan....i paid 40 then i paid £100 today off arrears so now i owe them £132 and my next payment is due out on the 1st.

now this horrible woman on the phone started being VERY rude, and she said well its not my fault u have a loan with me, it doesnt matter to me if u pay or not we will just repossess.... u have said u have financial troubles, u need to pay 132 before monday or else.. how are you going to pay it!.

i said i dont have the money, if i had it i would pay it, but how can i give u money i dont have

she then went on to say "well u seem like 'oh well i dont have the money so there, i am not paying u' :-x:-x god i wish this bint was in the room with me. i am so angry, she just kept on and kept on, putting me down and talking to me like i was a complete idiot!! how dare she talk to me like that... im soooo maaaaaaad!! im not that far away from the head office and i feel like jumpin in car going there and stamping all over her head i am so angry!

i kept saying that i was phoning up to sort it out and she was just being awful, i wanted to arrange a repayment plan, but she said "no i want to know how u are going to get my £500 before monday" (where this 500 came from i dont know) she then said " i advise u to talk to your partner and find a way of paying this before monday, i am going to talk to the collections and get them to hold off repo, thanks goodbye!" she was so awful and rude and did not try to help me one bit i ended up having to shout down the phone becoz she was raising her voice and shouting at me!

i put down phone and burst into tears!

im sure she is full of Sh!!te, they cannot repossess coz i have missed one payment can they?? surely they have to arrange some sort of repayment plan to try and help me! they cant just say "tough sh!!t ya cant pay, well boohoo for you, give us your house!" which is basically what she told me

They can only go for repossession once you are 2 months + in arrears so try to keep the arrears below this level if you can ( they have to issue a claim for possession via the county court and a hearing is generated so if she has given you the impression they can turn up with bailiffs and a locksmith this isn't the case ).

Are you paying any other debts which are causing you to struggle? It's usually best to advise if we have all the info. Standard advice is to do a budget sheet ( good one linked below ) and when you list outgoings DO NOT include payments to anything like unsecured loans credit cards catalogues etc.

The idea is to cover your essentials like the secured loan before even thinking of paying 'non priority' creditors. You may benefit from speaking to a free service like National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 as they can go through all of the options with you.

Best of luck :)

National Debtline England & Wales | Personal Budget Sheet

Write everything down and send a letter ~(recorded delivery - or hand deliver and ask for a receipt) explaining her attitude and asking for any recorded transcript of the call to be made available immediately.

Also send the Harrassment by Telephone letter and if they ring again they can be reported to Trading Standards and the OFT.

Good luck, I know what this situation feels like and nasty bullying people on the end of the phone don't help at all.

Um... no, it is a long road to get a reposession... I would call up the national debt line or CCCS to be honest... but the basic truth is no judge will reposses a home for a single months arrears, when it is clear you'll be able to repay the arrears over the life of the mortgage.

• Haha 1

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

all i phoned them for was to ask if i could pay the arrears and augusts payment over 3 weeks , then i wanted to ask if i could pay my loan by DD weekly rather than monthly as the mortgage and loan comes out the same week and we struggle every month to pay it in one lump sum. but i never even got the chance to

I had a bad experience with Welcome last year over my secured loan.

They were extremely rude, suggested I try and borrow money elsewhere to pay them and threatened me with all sorts likeearnings attachment orders and home visits when I wasn't even at default stage with them.

I sent them an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) demanding a recording of the phone conversation which they duly sent me.

I then wrote to their compliance department ( I can probably find you the address if them complaining about the content of the conversation, threatened to report them to OFT and FSA.

The wrote apologising and sent me a cheque for £100!!!!

If you know date & time of the call give it a go.