CCA to Link Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Further to my last thread (Link Financial telling lies) of 18 July, I have now written the following CCA letter to them. Perhaps somebody could let me know if they think it is ok before I send it - it would be much appreciated:

I require you to supply the following documentation:

1. You must supply me with a signed true copy of the credit agreement which refers to the above mentioned account.

This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a full and detailed statement of account. I enclose a postal order for £1.00 in payment of the statutory fee. Postal order number XXXXXX.

This postal order is for no other purpose than mentioned in the above paragraph.

2. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

I do not acknowledge this debt in any way and it is now statute barred with effect from May 2000. Your representative, when she called on the telephone, stated that I paid £1 last July. I DID NOT. However, the debt was already statute barred. I also request proof of this payment.

Yours faithfully

Marian G

Thank you for your comments. I have signed the letter but not posted it, so I will print off another copy and send it minus the signature. Thank you again, I wouldn't have known about that. Sneaky b.......ds!

Marian G

It is best to sign the CCA as this is sometimes needed for security checking, BUT make sure it can't be copied.

I always sign my letters over a printed line, something like this: *_____#_____*

Leaves enough signature so they can read it but makes it almost impossible to copy ;)

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 3 weeks later...

Any updates???

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek: