Lovely Cabot Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

YAY!!! A standard "We are right and the law is wrong" letter from Cabot.

Barclaycard shooting themselves in the foot again with an application form pretending to be an agreement containing all the prescribed terms.

All the usual Cabot nonsense. They say they act in accordance with all laws and guidlines, but in the letter prove that they are not, by insisting that the debt is enforcable, when it clearly is not for example.

I like their bit about "it would mean all agreements of a like kind would be open to challenge." Well, Emma, we have news for you. They are!!! :lol:

I have written to Cabot in reply to their nonsense about it being enforcable, by telling them that if they consider it to be so, then please raise a claim at my local Sherriff Court, the address of which is... bla, blah, blah.

Thanks Seahorse - I was getting the impression I was going mad and they might be right due to the lack of laughter by some people!

Cabot are piddling me off! ;)

I wonder how long it took to copy and paste that letter? :lol: :lol:

They can't help being so dim really - we have tried treating them like intelligent human beings - to just get this sort of trash off them - they really need help in there :-x

Thanks to all who have PM'd and answered.

I've had a thought.

It might me stupid but well here goes.

When on signs a bit on the application form saying "Credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974" - are we all not just signing to say that if our application is accepted, we agree to the terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974?

I am reading slowly through the Cabot stuff to ty to piece together a good reply letter, though I think it's gotta be a basic I don't agree and "knob off for all eternity" type letter!

They are just so up themselves!

There's no such thing as a stupid question.

But the bit you mention on an application form shouldn't be there in the first place. You can't agree to something in the future if you don't know what you will be agreeing to.

So my opinion is, because the application form ISN'T an agreement regulated by the CCA (unless perhaps it contains all the prescribed terms), then it should not appear on the form as this would be misleading at the very least.