What a mess

SBKnight
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No, think you'll be fine. All your really doing is outlining what it will cost them if they went to court, at least that would be my interpritation. You could also re-submit an amended one if you wanted. I've read posts where people have done the same as you to no ill effect.

Good luck.

:)

Does the amount your asking for in the L.B.A include the 8% or is it just the spreadsheet that has the 8% included on it. If it's the latter i wouldn't bother amending anything. If the total on the L.B.A has it included resubmit both.

it was on the letter and in the schdule. I KNOW it was v stupid and i'm really X with myself. Didnt sleep last night cos of it. I shall reprint both tonight without the 8%. Do I just send without mentioning the incorrect ones send on 25th July?

As above it is really nothing to worry about, I forgot to delete the 8% column too and everything seems to have gone ok, Just waiting for them to actually credit my money back to my account.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you very much for your kind words of encouragement sue1970 and dingwalldemon. I've resubmitted my LBA and scedule of charges, without the 8%. In reply to your question dingwalldemon, I think the financial ombudsman will be my choice. The claim will be for £4750, inc the 8%. Unless anyone can advise court rather than the ombudsman?

The bad news is, at the moment the Ombudsman is not taking on any complaints about bank charges due to the ongoing OFT v The Banks high court case. I think you can still go down the N1 route taking them to court although im not 100% sure, i'm sure someone else will jump in here and give you further advice. Don't be put off trying to reclaim the charges you'll find loads of help on this forum.

:-)

I went the FOS way and received an offer of all charges + interest. I received this offer just before the test case was announced and have accepted. I still wait to see whether I actually receive the cash. Looking through the site I have come across posts saying that you should carry on any action through the small claims route but any cases are likely to have a stay placed on them until the test case result which will probably take until next year. Look at the threads you will see when you first sign onto the forum for further info and carry on as before but be prepared to be patient. Good Luck.

Trickyt:rolleyes:

True the FOs have said they won't look at complaints, I'm going to chuck in a complaint to them (I've already been fobbed off by the FSA). I'm also going to see my MP after my bro's court case, this whole issues is a scandel in my opinion!!!

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.