another new starter.........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everybody, i've been recommended to this site by a friend of mine(steter) who is currently taking the abbey to court for excessive charges, and basically i'm in the same boat with the halifax, who , by my estimation have taken something in the region or £2500 of me in charges in the last 5-6 yrs. Trouble is this is only an estimation, and i need to apply to the bank for my statements for the last 6 yrs. Has anybody got any tios for how to do this exactly?

Welcome

The first thing to do is read the FAQs here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Most of your questions will be answered here. If necessary print them out so they're always at hand.

Then spend as much time as you can browsing the library template letters and other Halifax threads to understand the process and the various stages before starting.

Any problems or questions, just ask.

Good luck

when i send my dpa request, do i enclose a cheque, or advise them to debit my account the £10?

:) When sending our DPA letter we notified the bank to take out the required £10 from our account ... which they did.

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.