full report from an entertaining afternoon at Kingston County Court **MUST READ**

rogerebaker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the doom & gloom I thought I share this on the LTSB forum

YOU MUST READ THIS - Soooo Funny

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/107377-report-entertaining-afternoon-kingston.html

• Haha 1

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Roger,

what a great read. Great piece of writting and observation. Would be a fantastic drama on TV!

Thanks Night Owl

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Absolutely BRILLIANT. Well done for a piece of expertly written and witty journalism.

If on ly this could be put into the Judges Journal (whatever that is). I bet the DJ concerned is dining out on this even as we speak.

I can just see the Ken Barlow (the Judge) getting ever more frustrated. I hope the Barclay's barrister was called Deidre :D

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

I hadn't seen that - very funny indeed :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

What a star RB is - this post is hilarious - well done you. Courts are not always as daunting as people think - after all the Judges are human (well some are!) and this one certainly appeared to be. Can just imagine him telling his family over his pie and mash how hilarious it was at work today. LOL.

Agree this should be a sticky and compulsory for all those peeps having doubts to read.

Woody

PS scales suitably ticked

An excellent post and I can confirm it is totally accurate as I was there until 4.30pm.

The judge was very down to earth and also very fair. Roger is right - although it is a formal process, the judge, in this instance, definitely had a sense of humour and, although I was there for 2.5 hours, it was pretty entertaining!

I accompanied a friend of my daughter who is young and was incredibly nervous. Although I have helped lots of my kids' friends reclaim charges this was the first court hearing I had attended.

When the session started I was frantically trying to suss it all out whilst reassuring my daughter's friend that there was nothing to worry about!! She begged me to speak on her behalf and that was fine (as we were virtually the last case and I had built up a bit of confidence!!)

Incidentally, when her case was called the Barclays solicitor (who seemed quite nice, in the end) actually said that the bank simply 'hadn't got round to settling'! We were given a further date and have 'reserved costs' I believe the term is :)

The solicitor told me that if my friend had to attend on the second date she would be able to claim costs for having attended last week.

I'm trying to think who you might have been, Roger. I was the woman accompanying the young blond girl who looked like a supermodel!

Halifax - £3533.02 reclaimed

MBNA1 - £150 reclaimed

First Direct - £330 reclaimed

MBNA2 (OH) – £275 reclaimed

Fabulous post Roger - much needed by everyone at the monent. Feeling much less worried myself now!

Once again - many thanks - Adam.

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)

An excellent post and I can confirm it is totally accurate as I was there until 4.30pm.

The judge was very down to earth and also very fair. Roger is right - although it is a formal process, the judge, in this instance, definitely had a sense of humour and, although I was there for 2.5 hours, it was pretty entertaining!

I accompanied a friend of my daughter who is young and was incredibly nervous. Although I have helped lots of my kids' friends reclaim charges this was the first court hearing I had attended.

When the session started I was frantically trying to suss it all out whilst reassuring my daughter's friend that there was nothing to worry about!! She begged me to speak on her behalf and that was fine (as we were virtually the last case and I had built up a bit of confidence!!)

Incidentally, when her case was called the Barclays solicitor (who seemed quite nice, in the end) actually said that the bank simply 'hadn't got round to settling'! We were given a further date and have 'reserved costs' I believe the term is :)

The solicitor told me that if my friend had to attend on the second date she would be able to claim costs for having attended last week.

I'm trying to think who you might have been, Roger. I was the woman accompanying the young blond girl who looked like a supermodel!

Bubble

Im glad someone else was there to confirm my recollections. My sons case has been adjourned until the 30th August and I rather hope Barclays havnt settled by then so I can witness another instalment.

I think my son may have noticed your friend but I was clearly to busy taking notes :) :)

Hopefully see you on the 30th

Rog

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

I want to marry the judge and have his babies. Alternatively, I'll make do with voting him for Emperor of the UK!

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Im glad someone else was there to confirm my recollections. My sons case has been adjourned until the 30th August and I rather hope Barclays havnt settled by then so I can witness another instalment.

I think my son may have noticed your friend but I was clearly to busy taking notes :) :)

Hopefully see you on the 30th

Rog

The 30th September was one of the dates to avoid that we had put on the AQ. We're back on 24th September.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. Another report would be excellent!

Bubble

• Haha 1

Halifax - £3533.02 reclaimed

MBNA1 - £150 reclaimed

First Direct - £330 reclaimed

MBNA2 (OH) – £275 reclaimed

I had an interesting morning with mercers on the phone. For some reason Barclaycard decided to refer the balance to mercers for collection which considering where inbetween court cases I thought was a bit un called for.

I continually told mercers the matter was in dispute and that they should refer it back to barclaycard.

Their only answer seemed to be "how much would you like to pay today sir"

I did try to ring Barclaycard but did a tour of the sub continent and eventually gave up.

In a flash of inspiration I decided to email Paul Haut at Barclays litigation to see if he could help. He was very amiable and he agreed to settle for the full amount. I did have a brief chat with him about the up and coming test case and he said pending that case they would only settle Credit card claims and wouldnt entertain any settlement on the overdraft charges.

If hes good to his word this should be the end of this particular claim allthough I have a feeling that Barclaycard have sneaked a cheeky little default on the credit file which will result in a complaint to the FSA in due course and a further 400.00 bill for barclaycard.

I have been very encouraged by my sudden aquisition of green dots so I may well turn up at a court near you with me notepad and pencil.

good health and good luck to you all.

• Haha 5

7 actions in progress

cheers roger, i'm just about to file a barclaycard claim so that's certainly encouraging

Thanks

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

Was ever woman in this humour woo,d ?

Was ever woman in this humour won ?

Shakespeare

Excellent read ReB

Wish it was like that at Redditch !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

I once had an interesting conversation with a gent from a DCA, who kept riniing me up over a two week period asking me excatly how long it would take to sell me house (it was on the market at the time), so that barclaycard can get their money!

I could feel the silly tw*ts acne down the 'phone!

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

Mike

I know exactley how you feel

I actually enjoy winding up these twerps. I agreed to pay the whole amount to this girl from Mercers the other day. She obviously thought it was christmas and she was gonna earn some commision.

I just gave her a completely made up card number and she had the right ump when it was obviously declined

7 actions in progress