Jump to content


Received an offer - 65% of total, is this good?


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Having processed a court claim and receiving a court date, I have since received a letter from my bank offering me 65% of my total claim, obviously stating this would be a full and final settlement and is conditional to being a gesture of goodwill and without any admission of liability on their part. If I accept, can I still proceed with the court claim? and if I don't is there a chance I will get nothing?

I am quite tempted to accept, but still believe I might be able to get more.....

 

:confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest louis wu

If you accept, then that is the end of the claim. If you continue, then yes, of course there is a chance you will get nothing, although the refund to members on this is in excess of £15million, and as such it would be very odd if you ended up with nothing, unless your claim was conducted very badly.

 

As to the merits of accepting, well thats a personal decision. You have not mentioned any figures, so the difference could be hundreds or even thousands of pounds, but then there is a whole host of personal issues that we know nothing about.

 

If when you started someone told you that you would get a 65% offer without having to attend court, what would you have said.

 

On the other hand, read the experiences of others who have had a full 100% refund, and consider what they would say to you.

 

louis

Link to post
Share on other sites

My total claim is for 3345 (without interest 2600) and they have offered 2174, but in the defence form sent to the court they state a denial of my entitlement to claim my interest in sum of 564, but have included this amount in the total and therefore in the 65% offer.

If I don't accept and ignore their letter will the court date issued go ahead?

Sorry if I sound vague, but my legal experience is very limited, and I started this process before I realised you could involve solicitors etc...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Charli,

we're just coming (hopefully) to the final stages of our claim against our bank, from all the threads and posts i have read over the last 6 months, the offer you have recieved is only a normal amount or at least average. I would believe that you should ask yourself - am i happy with the money they've offered, please don't forget you can only claim the 8% interest once you begin court procedings so if you accept the interest shouldn't be considered.

good luck in which ever you decide

Link to post
Share on other sites

No it's not good/fair! The money you are claiming is yours. I have seen some great threads that deal with settlements and 65% seems to be a starting point with many banks. If I were you I would spend some time looking around the forum for advice. Everything you need is on here somewhere.

 

That said, I'm not sure where the OFT test case leaves you at the moment. It may be that if you dont accept this offer the bank may withdraw it and then when you go ahead your case ask the judge for a stay. If the stay is granted you might have to wait for the ruling which may not be until the end of the year!

 

Try this thread for starters: Cassie v Abbey ***WON ***

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...