no confirmation letter - advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

back in april i booked a holiday, i paid in full there and then i got my invoice when i paid. on the invoice it says this is an invoice this is not confirmation this will be sent as soon as atol receive the details etc

i have still not received my holiday confirmation? i have rang the first choice shop where i booked it and they sent me a copy of the invoice?

i have emailed them still no reply?

what should i do we fly in 5 weeks and i am just a little worried about not having the confirmation.

Hi there,

The confirmation invoice will go to the agency from the Tour Operator, they will be waiting for it. I would go down and ask them if they have recieved a copy of this from the Tour Operator, if they have, then ask them for a copy. If they haven't, ask them to contact the Tour Operator to request one for you. Make sure they do it whilst you are in the shop so you see it happening. From the date they request it, is can take over a week for you to recive it as it goes to them first, they check, then forward it on to you.

Hope this helps.

Heidi

I am not a legal expert, any advice I give is based purley on experience or opinion.

Please tip the scales if you feel I have helped you!! :D

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

I often book holidays over the internet and don't receive confirmation in the post just a reference number at the time of booking. I then pick up my tickets at the airport from the travel agent. I wouldn't worry.

Each time we book our hols we have never got a confirmation letter, just the paperwork from the tour operator then the tickets come about 4 to 5 wks b4 we fly out. never had any probs. I wouldnt worry too much and just concentrate on ur up and comming holiday enjoy.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

My sister is a Manager of a First Choice Travel Shop and i booked all my holidays though them, i have just booked an £1100 to Egypt and have had no confirmation of my booking only a copy of the invoice and thats it, you dont need a confirmation letter, you have an invoice with all the details on, you will get your tickets 4 weeks before you travel, you can either go in to collect them or they will send them to you....if you are truly worried about it go into the shop as someone else said and tell them your concerns im sure they will put your mind at rest for you!

Nationwide Won - £2000 :D

Barclay Card - Hearing Date 14/08/07 :???:

Capital One - N1 Filed ;)