Ruthbridge - help needed urgently

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I would sit back and do nothing and await their response....their next letter will say 'As we have been unable to contact you by telephone, it is essential that you call our office immediately, in order for us to deal with the issues that you have raised in your correspondence regarding this debt' signed Jason Evans this is an attempt to get you to call them where they can attempt to scare you into paying......bear in mind that as the account is in dispute, the debt is not legally enforcable....I am going to be complaining to the FOS and TS as they are outside their 14+2+30....

hi Weller

Same thing happened to me mo proof so I sent them a letter back pointing out their failings and I heard no more from them they even kept the £1.

I think they may of passed it onto MH as I am now receiving fishing letters from them, passing on when still in dispute tut tut anyway that is someting else I can use against them!!

As so many people on here say dont let them get to you they are nothing but bullies.

Hi there, haven't posted anything for a while now but, I have reported these so and so's to the FOS and TS. They have gone way past the 12+2+30 days. I did receive the nice little letter asking me to contact them as they had been unable to contact me. I didn't of course. I'm now just waiting for the next instalment. It's been quiet now for such a long time.

Fallen Angel, I don't think that they ever actually take anyone to court. Jason Evans doesn't exist, he's one of the many alias' that these lowlife **** like to use. They have quite a few diffent names they pre-printed sign their letters with and I don't think any of them are real.

Keep smiling everyone, they'll hang themselves soon enough I'm quite sure.

Night, night, sleep well everyone. xx

Beware of the card saying that there is a parcel for you and to ring a number. If you google the number you will find our friends Ruthbridge. I sent them a fab letter written by someone on here and they went away :cool:

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Wait until they commit the summary offence and send Jason a bog off letter. Obviously Ruthless do not have anything resembling a CCA. They are so full of sh!t its unbeleivable. Curlyben does an excellent line in BOG OFF letters.

For clowns like Ruthless they do the trick.

A formal complaint to TS and Ruthless is what you need followed after Ruthless fail to address your complaints by a nice little complaint to the FOS which will cost these imbeciles £ 400 at least

• 3 weeks later...

CCA signed for the 3rd August and have now received another letter from Jason Evans - hes a busy man isn't he?

He is now offering to let me pay £55 a month before they start legal proceedings :confused: They haven't provided a CCA, what should I do next, send them the non-compliance letter?

If it was signed for on the 3rd surely the 12+2+30 days are up now?? Not sure, can anybody please advise, thank you

CCA signed for the 3rd August and have now received another letter from Jason Evans - hes a busy man isn't he?

He is now offering to let me pay £55 a month before they start legal proceedings :confused: They haven't provided a CCA, what should I do next, send them the non-compliance letter?

If it was signed for on the 3rd surely the 12+2+30 days are up now?? Not sure, can anybody please advise, thank you

Old Jason is in trouble now. Report his employers to Trading Standards for their failure to supply you with a CCA within the rquired time. Contact RUTHLESS and demand a copy of their complaints procedure. They should NOT be chasing you for this as they have failed to supply proof of the debt, sorry ALLEGED debt. If they fail to respond to your request for details of their complaints procedure or after 8 weeks fail to deal with your complaint properly then report their sorry asses to the FOS who will charge them £400 just to investigate YOUR complaint.:D

Ruthless are well known for their bullying and empty threats. Once their bluffis called and they cannot produce the LEGALLY REQUIRED paperwork they seem to be able to accept payments all of a sudden.

So Jason is going to start Legal Proceedings. WHAT WITH??????:roll:

Thanks OCD

is there a standard letter to ask for a copy of their complaints procedures? Meaning should I say more in the letter or do I just write and ask for a copy? Sorry for being a pest

Can they now pass it onto another DCA - I'm not sure if they have "bought" the debt or are just acting "n behalf" of the creditor.

I will report them to TS - not at the very least for sending me a letter saying they had a parcel for me meaning that the foolish me phoned them up :evil: though they haven't contacted me by phone since the first phonecall though.

Dear Ruthbridge

Please send me a copy of your complaints procedure. You are in breach of my request under the CCA 1974 as well as numerous breaches of OFT guidelines. Failure to respond to this letter within 14 days will result in an immediate complaint to the FOS. A complaint about your breaches of the CCA have already been reported to Trading Standards.

I trust this matter will receive your urgent attention

yours etc

Ruthless disappeared out of my life when I pointed out there was no CCA. ;) I had to point it out rather strongly but it had the desired effect. Don't let them bully you into paying anything.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Ruthless disappeared out of my life when I pointed out there was no CCA. ;) I had to point it out rather strongly but it had the desired effect. Don't let them bully you into paying anything.

Thanks to all you buddies in CAG.

RUTHLESS/USELESS hate us with a passion and tell people not to believe us but as usual the TRUTH defeats the LIARS

Indeed ODC - CAG has saved me from bankruptcy:D and put me in a better position than I ever dreamed I would be in. And it's all down to the man on the 'clapham omnibus' (an expression used by judges in days of old to define a normal reasonable person) saying 'enough is enough'.

BANK CHARGES

Others

They must be keeking themselves with all the CCA requests they get and no one ringing their stupid express delivery LIAR service for a so called parcel. I know for a fact that one of the chief organ grinders mentioned me in particular but he is in for a rather RUDE surprise which will hit him very severely in his wallet. He knows who he is

It is such fun. I have a new one now - Lewis Group - who have been sold a debt with no CCA - defaulted since July. I am contemplating my response:D

BANK CHARGES

Others

So from Bankruptcy to simple litigation.

I do wish these DCA's would use some consistency in their nasty grams ;)

Lewis and I are OLD friends from the start of the year.

In fact they where the first ones to run off as they didn't have a CCA. Shame really, but worth a few stamps and a bit of time.

Hey Goldlady, you wait till you get a nastygram form HC Cohen, don't ignore them as they are EviL and will follow through, but a quick slap shuts them up.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Have defeated Cohens on one summons - another one to deal with this weekend. Still can't work out why they backed off last time - CCA was a bit 'iffy' but I hit them with the CPR - no LBA or anything - and they withdrew the claim.

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 2 months later...

Its now been approx 2 months since I requested Ruthbridges Complaint procedure - to which I have had no reply - no letters or anything.

What should be my next step bem if anything, should I report them, if so who to or just let it go? My only worry is that the "alleged" debt will be passed to another DCA - or can Ruthbridge do this?

Not sure how to proceed, any thoughts greatly received.................

Weller...bear in mind they should not be passing the debt around while it is in dispute what you MUST do is report them to Trading Standards and the OFT.....if it gets past back to the original creditor, they may pass it on to another DCA.....make sure you complain, I had heard Ruthbridge were indeed under investigation....

• Haha 1

Thanks 42Man, i will do that.

One question that I've searched for and cant quite seem to find a straight answer to is:-

If a DCA has failed to provide a CCA within the timescale given and you are receiving no correspondance from them, then the debt, in effect, still exists, so can they pass the account back to the OC who can then instruct a different DCA to collect? What I mean to say, for example, in this case Ruthbridge cannot supply me with a CCA - so I will report them, however the OC will still want their money so to speak so whats to stop the OC from passing the debt to another DCA? The OC haven't (I imagine) committed an offence so there seems to be nothing stopping THEM from passing the debt on to another CCA - or am I missing something?

Please forgive me if I sound stupid - I just need to hear it all in basic terms :oops:

• Haha 1

I had a DCA - Moorcroft who claimed I owed an amount of money CCA'd them and they wrote back saying that there wasn't one and it was being passed back to the client - now I am being chased by Metropolitan - who have already broken the law by ringing me (6 times in one day) after I wrote to them saying any calls would be classed as harrassment - I am compiling my complaints at the moment....as for Ruthbridge I too CCA'd them back in July, they sent me one letter saying they would like to discuss the contents of my letter (in other words they were trying to get me to call them so they could cancel Christmas, tell me I was on Bin Laden's hit list etc !!!) since then they too have not sent any CCA !!! I am also complaining about them too...

I have similar situation. Ruthbridge are extremely aggressive and their attitude absolutely stinks, but they disappeared in a puff of smoke as soon as I sent the CCA letter. The debt is still bouncing around - I have just sent a letter to DLC this morning telling them to burger off.;)

BANK CHARGES

Others

• 5 months later...

Bank again regarding this DCA - no contact for months after I asked for their complaint procedure then this morning brings a letter saying my account has been referred to their Debt Counselln Service where their trained Counsellers will be able to assist me in agreeing an affordable repayment scheme.

If I dont do this they will pas the debt onto theirDebt Enforcement Division??

Any ideas folk - I thought I'd seen the last of this DCA - no CCA has been produced at any time...............

Trained counsellors? I think not; these are simply collection drones by another name. It is, of course, just another ploy to try to get you to part with money.

In my view a DCA representing itself as a 'counselling' service, which implies a non-judgmental, independent aproach, is deceitful and misleading - and should be reported as such.

In any case, no response to a CCA request means that they should not be making demands for repayment, however they dress them up.

• Haha 1