halifax visa taking from halifax current ac

gilly5001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

Please please can someone help. I have chekced my statements and the halifax visa have taken £98.30 from my current account.

I phoned them to say what the hell?? and they said they thought it would help me with my charges from them

i have explained that the money is for my mortgage of which i am still £300 quid short and they said I have to go to the bank and prove I need it and they will put it straight back in!!

I have been trying for months to get them to make an arrangement for me to pay and freeze the interest and charges and then they go and pinch from my account

Please can anyone advise, I dont see why I should have to go and prove i need it when they have took it without my consent

Hopefully

Gilly5001

You need to move to a 'safe ' bank account ie a bank you don't have any loans overdrafts or credit cards with. Where you have debt with the same bank they have the first right of offset over funds paid into your account so as you havefound they could take a loan payment.

If you think you have a poor credit reference file due to any missed or reduced payments then opt for a basic bank account as you shouldn't need to be credit checked for this ( as no overdraft so no credit facility ).

If you are making them a reasonable reduced offer based on what you can afford don't be bullied into paying more. For unsecured credit you should be offering a share of any surplus income you have once essential bills are covered as well as food clothes etc.

You may also want to get some advice from a free service like National Debtline on 0808 808 4000

Hope this helps - link to list of basic accounts below:

http://www.moneymadeclear.fsa.gov.uk/pdfs/bank_accounts.pdf

ok thsanks for the replies,

i have used the national debt helpline to offer pro rata payments , they have obviously not been satisfied with this and have taken a surplus amount,

i shall go to the branch and prove i need it for my mortgage payment on the 1st of AUgust

Thansk again

Just was hoping i could get them done with something

Gonna chamge everything to t he NatWest , don't owe them any money

ok thsanks for the replies,

i have used the national debt helpline to offer pro rata payments , they have obviously not been satisfied with this and have taken a surplus amount,

i shall go to the branch and prove i need it for my mortgage payment on the 1st of AUgust

Thansk again

Just was hoping i could get them done with something

Gonna chamge everything to t he NatWest , don't owe them any money

No problem :)

I'm a bit concerned National Debt Helpline didn't advise you on opening a new account before offering reduced amounts - it's very basic debt advice ( I'm a debt counsellor myself ). If you are unsure of anything post back here or phone National Debtline free on 0808 808 4000 they offer free confidential impartial advice on debt & related issues as well.

• 4 weeks later...

This has happened to me on many occasions regarding my loan account! I phoned them numerous times to inform them that this account was under an insurance agreement, with Haifax Insurance Ireland, as I'm on Invalidity Benefits. They get their payment every 2 months as soon as I get an appt with the Doc and get the required sick note to send to HII.

HII has told me to tell them to look back and see where the payments are coming from and if they have any problems to give them a ring! They don't and won't, they take the money out of my bank account, then I have to ring them, ask for it back and tell them, all over a gain that this is under an insurance claim...I thinkthey just like bothering me at all hours of the morning and making my life more miserable than it already is due to my illness.

They pay the money back, but not without me having a near nervous breakdown on the phone to them..... it's crazy. And they seem to particlulary relish the fact that I'm getting upset. I've come to the conclusion you ave to be heartless b*****d to work in a collections dept in a bank becasue they certainly don't care what they're doing to you mentally!

Annie