Pre 6 years! I really do need some advice

Charliuk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

I have been trying to get hold of my statements going back to the opening of the account. I sent off the SAR in April and received statements dating from 2001 to 2006. I had already had these some months earlier. When I called to ask why they had sent these, they replied that this was usual practice and the older statements came from another department and would be with me shortly, i called again a few weeks later and was told they should have been sent to my local branch, and if not, the branch could access the details and should be able to print them off, though it would not be on headed paper.

My branch did not have the statements, noc could they run any information off for me.

I have just called them again. I have now been advised that I cannot have the statements and it is not possible to claim back any charges prior to 2001. I was also told that I am the first person to have ever mentioned it!!

This has concerned me a bit, as there is no point chasing up these statements if I do not have a case.

I have also started a claim for my dad which goes back 13 years. He is a little old to be worrying about court appearances now, so I feel I should stop if there is no hope.

I cannot seem to find any information about any successful claims over 6 years.

Can anyone help? Just a simple yes or no will do.

thanks

I have just called them again. I have now been advised that I cannot have the statements and it is not possible to claim back any charges prior to 2001. I was also told that I am the first person to have ever mentioned it!! This has concerned me a bit, as there is no point chasing up these statements if I do not have a case.

Absolute rubbish!!! Loads of claimants have requested their statements prior to 2001........... Nat West keep statements right back until 1992!! Don't worry about whatever they said - they are available!!

I have also started a claim for my dad which goes back 13 years. He is a little old to be worrying about court appearances now, so I feel I should stop if there is no hope. I cannot seem to find any information about any successful claims over 6 years.

Don't worry about claiming back 13 years - an awful lot of CAGGERS have done/are currently doing the same (myself included once I get this first one sorted!) Read through here for a confidence boost and more info http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

And with regards to their attempts to fob-you off and not provide you with pre-six year info, try emailing Joyce Tudor ([email protected]) (if the email link doesn't work - post off recorded delivery instead) with something similiar to this:

Dear Ms Tudor,

I refer to my recent letter requesting full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on my file dated xxxxxxx. I note that you only sent statements to me for the past 6 years. However, I have evidence to the contrary that you can retrieve my data to approximately 1992.

For your information FULL SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST under the Data Protection Act covers ALL data in a relevant filing system for an indeterminable period, not just statute of Limitations Act covering the past 6 years.

I refer to notes I was given from a friend of mine within the RBS group – Notes on NatWest Group PLC Archive. These will advise you how to access all of my file information going back to 1992 which is what I require under full S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) law.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Bank Office Master Index, 04, 26, then 45 (you can just do 04, 45). That is the Nat West Archive.

Option 1 gives you 12 options of which one is customer notes/events. You click that option which leads to a screen that says ALL EVENTS and press ENTER. You then have notes on account starting on (whenever you opened the account – but you can only go back to 1992). In case you are unaware you can print the page or go into the note and press Print.

If you follow the instructions above that will give you the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) information you need to access my entire files, which I require full copies of under my data protection act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request.

I trust the information above will help you obtain the information I am requesting and I look forward to receiving the information in the very near future. I would also be obliged if you could send me confirmation that you will be sending this to me as soon as possible

Don't be fobbed off........... they've definitely got your information - you may just have to try a little harder to get it than the more recent stuff.

Best of luck - let us know how you get on with this :wink:

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks for that. I sent off the email as soon as I got your reply. I know it was read as I got a receipt back from Outlook but as yet there has been no response to that email.

I have read somewhere about doing the pre 6 years if you have not signed an agreement in full and final settlement. I think I did this when I won my previous charges.

Should I not pursue it anymore?

You only signed an agreement in full and final settlement on the previous claim - not the one you're about to embark on. What I will say though is that at the moment, nat west appear to be getting a bit naughty when peeps are going back for second and subsequent claims. They're offering the choice of you keeping your account but for a £10 per month 'management fee' (with reduced penalty charges). If you don't accept that they're offering a basic bank account - or offering to close the account. It's worth ensuring that your parachute account is in place just to be on the safe side. ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.