Tazzman v's Abbey

Tazzman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I started a claim against Abbey on 20th May 2007 for £6136. I have sent preliminary letter(20/05/07), then LBA(05/06/07) and no response. I recieved a letter sayinh I should have an outcome after 8 weeks and then on 21/07/07 bang on 8 weeks I have just had an offer of £224 which is an insult and I am rejecting.

Because there is a slightly chance of a hick-up in that I accepted an offer on my joint account. Last year- Abbey put me in **** by taking over £500 charges(Joint Account) after I asked for help. The took the £500 which was a mortgage payment - so to get my mortgage money back I had to accept the offer. BUT this was my joint account and nothing to do with my personal account...

Anyway because of this I am going to go via the ombudsman, now that it is just over 8 weeks I am now claiming £6136 + 8% =£7916.63

I will keep you updated...

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I sent my case to the FSO which they stamped as recieved on 25/07/08 before the high court test case was published. Today 03/08/07 i recieved all my paperwork back from the FSO saying that they will not be dealing with complaints regarding bank charges until after the high court has ruled. Also they have told Abbey to record my claim.....

Is it worth waiting or just put the paperwork into court?

Cheers

Ken