should i cancel court date **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i have a prelimanry court date (allocated 10 minutes) for fri 27/7/07 abbey have sent me a letter dated 18/07/07 that they are informing the court that they are settling my matter in full £1000 & court fees etc and they will be asking the court to withdraw the claim from the hearing list and and are raising a cheque for the amount and it will be paid into my account or posted to me, would i once i have received payment inform the court that i am withdrawing my claim and provide a copy of my letter to abbey,

my question is i have not received payment yet should i cancel the court date and hope abbey pay up or continue with the court hearing phone abbey and inform them of what i am doing.

thanks in advance

goodad

received same letter and due in court tommorrow

irang the court and was told that they had received a letter stating the vbank had settled, but the clerk hinted that in the unlikely event that the bank doesnt settle i would have to start my claim again

therefore i will check my account tommorrow and if the fund are not there i will attend court and make the judge aware of my position

this is my opinion and if nothing else my force the bank to pay up quicker as they are still operating an attitude of defiance

mickyn

thank you mickyn think i will phone them tommorow and will proceed with the court if the funds do not appeare by thurs eve

all the best and good luck

goodad

Until you receive the cash, carry on with your claim.

The banks sometimes renege on agreements, which is much more difficult to do if you have the cash.

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

no problem

ill let you know what happens to me tommorrow odds on the same outcome will apply to you

im no expert and if anyone has other suggestions they normally let you know

but in my opinion the worst outcome can be you turn up at court and there is no case

all the best

mickyn

• 1 month later...

Thread moved to success forum.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.