• Tweets

• Hello   I'm bringing a claim against a company HQ in the EU but with operations in the UK. T&Cs state UK court jurisdiction.    Am I right in thinking that I send 3 x N001 forms + N215 form + Fee cheque to CCMCC?    The court then takes over, seals the claim and serves it on the defendant?    Reason I'm confused is that some guides seem to imply that I get the sealed claim form back from the court and then serve it on the defendant myself?   Thanks  
    • Evening All,   PFA redacted WS and EL, hoping these will be sufficient to defend my case, yet to add a sequence of events section to WS which I will do tomorrow before sending off to CC and can try to post here for your kind review?   Should I also send to OPS at the deadline, I have still received nothing at all from them - or if they don't provide me their WS and EL I duly don't provide mine?    Approaching the end game now!      Thanks!   RATPCN Exhibit List Redacted.pdf Witness Statement Redacted.pdf
    • Yes is definitely an option – but I am rather concerned about the way that the other one went when they brought in Evershed's. It's still going on but I think it made it more worrying for the claimant. The finance company will have the wherewithal to be able to make strategic delays
    • Well at £7300, I think that any car should be able to run without any serious defect manifesting itself at least a couple of years. This car clearly is not in satisfactory condition when it was bought. Also, can we clarify that the finance was made by way of a loan and not hire purchase. It doesn't make a huge amount of difference but it is something that we should know. You have two targets. You can either sue the garage or you can sue the finance company. Somebody else on this forum in the past 2 or 3 months decided to sue the finance company. I rather thought it was an error because it was taking on the more powerful of the two – and it turned out that the finance company then when instructed a proper firm of solicitors who have simply been obstructive. It doesn't mean that the claimant was more likely to lose – but it became a little bit more nerve wracking and difficult. I would suggest that the best thing to do is to sue the garage who are going to be the weaker party and secure a judgement against them. Then if there is any difficulty enforcing the judgement, you can turn against the finance company but with a judgement already in your hand, any resistance should fall away quite quickly. At that point you can also threaten the finance company with an action under FCA regulations for unfair treatment – because what they are doing is clearly unfair. It seems to me that you need to get a move on. On the basis of what you say, your rights are completely clear and I would suggest that you begin by sending a letter of claim to the garage and writing separately to the finance company and telling them that you are going to be seeing the garage and that once you get a judgement you will be coming after them not only under their obligations under the consumer credit act but also under the FCA Handbook rules – COBS - which requires them as a matter of statutory duty to treat you fairly. The finance company will be quite anxious to avoid a judgement for breach of statutory duty. It may be that the finance company will then feel motivated to put pressure on the garage – but nothing is sure. If this seems to be a satisfactory way forward then it will be a matter of sending a letter of claim – probably in tomorrow's post – recorded delivery and an email as well if you want. You have to be sure that you want to do this and you need to search this forum for information on bringing a small claim in the County Court. It's fairly straightforward and because you are suing for less than the small claims limit of £10,000 it is pretty well risk-free. However it is worth knowing your way around because you will feel more confident about it. Please let us know if this is the way you want to go forward. I have to say that if you rather not do this then your only other alternative would be to go to the ombudsman which will be a very slow process and could last easily up to 12 months or more with an uncertain outcome. I would not recommend it   To add, if as a result of the breach of contract on the part of the garage you have incurred additional expenses, then we may probably be able to think about claiming for those as well.
    • launch a section 75 claim to advantage ASAP IMHO cut out the garage.   as usual advantage are utterly useless .....just like moneybarn         
  • Our picks

MadMaxCTR V MINT Credit Card "WON"

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4710 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Okay CAG,

Got a list of transactions and have a total of £20 of charges for 1 late payment. :o

Prelim request for payment sent.

Here we go again.

MadMaxCTR 8)

Settled:

Lloyds TSB - SETTLED IN FULL £2094

MBNA/Abbey Credit Card - SETTLED IN FULL - £460

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card - SETTLED IN FULL - £50

Ongoing:

3 credit cards,

EGG - £220 - With FOS

MINT - £20 - With FOS

Captial One - £340 - With FOS

It's still your money even if it's only £20

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay MINT have replied (31/08/07)

As i said its only 1 charge of £20.

They stated the usual OFT and mentioned there current charge uis £12. So there offering the £8 difference plus interest (which i didn't ask for :) ) being £8.64 :rolleyes: .

LBA/partial rejection letter sent.

MadMaxCTR:cool:

Settled:

Ongoing:

3 credit cards,

EGG - £220 - With FOS

MINT - £20 - With FOS

LBA/partial rejection letter sent.
Quite right!

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

MINT won't budge on their offer.

Is it worth issuing proceedings/involving the FOS for £20 plus interest or should i just accept it? :confused:

Settled:

Ongoing:

3 credit cards,

EGG - £220 - With FOS

MINT - £20 - With FOS

That is a decision only you can make, I'm afraid.

Steven

My Wins

• 1 month later...

Referred to the FOS now. :p

Settled:

Ongoing:

3 credit cards,

EGG - £220 - With FOS

MINT - £20 - With FOS

• 3 months later...

Heard from the FOS and MINT (RBS) now wish to settle in full with interest to avoid the FOS doing a full investigation (what a surprise).

MODS can we get my title updated to ******WON********* and if we have a MINT/RBS success folder feel free to move the thread.

Ta very much for the help.

MadMaxCTR :D

Settled:

Ongoing:

3 credit cards,

EGG - £220 - With FOS

MINT - £20 - With FOS

Well done madmax, fantastic news

Steven

My Wins