Connaught collections.......threats of Bankruptcy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It came through the post, but we've has flooding and postal strikes so the thing didn't arrive until a few days ago. Th edate on the letter was 13th july!

19/02: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to A & L

20/02 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent to HBoS

20/02 SAR sent to Capital One

21/02 Prem letter sent to RBS for £304

It came through the post, but we've has flooding and postal strikes so the thing didn't arrive until a few days ago. Th edate on the letter was 13th july!

first or second class?

if you dispute the debt in anyway, you could apply to have it set aside, it might be considered even at this late stage due to the mitigating circumstances with the post etc. you need to fill in forms 6.4 and 6.5, you can grab these from your local county court or The Insolvency Service Website

remember the court will need to agree there is a reasonable dispute for the set aside to be granted.

To be honest i don't have reasonable grounds. Was s/employed that went pear shaped and run up some debts.

What should i do?

To be honest i don't have reasonable grounds. Was s/employed that went pear shaped and run up some debts.

What should i do?

CCA them with a view to possibly challenging the creditor's petition which they are very unlikely to serve in the first instance, afterall you're in rented accomodation. i would imagine they will not wasrte their money with the peition due to the cost.

What is a creditors petition? Is that where they ask for a list of all my outstanding debts?

I have sent a CCA request but in the mean time could they just go ahead and start the process then? Do you think they will over £1600?

Should i just pay it or hang fire? I don't really have the money but cuold raise it with favours from family.

I have sent a CCA request but in the mean time could they just go ahead and start the process then? Do you think they will over £1600?

Should i just pay it or hang fire? I don't really have the money but cuold raise it with favours from family.

you are in rented, i'm 99.9% certain they WILL NOT issue a bankruptcy petition against you.

But i don't think they know i am in rented.

a quick search of the land registry would soon tell them you have no property my good man. :)

Hi Sequenci

Does a search of the land registry constitute 'data processing' as regards the 1998 Data Protection Act?

I was defaulted by Amex and passed to the dreaded NCO, when I requested the CCA they passed the debt back to Amex. A SAR from NCO showed that they had undertaken a land registry check on the house I rent, they obviously realized (as you correctly state) that I have no assets so not worth chasing in terms of getting a charging order. But I challenged them over the registry check but in true NCO style they don't respond.

Ok, so i just sit back and wait to see what emerges.

Thanks for your help guys. Will let you know what happens.

• 9 months later...

Hi sequenci, I recieved a bankrupcy petition from Connaught Collection dispite the fact I did try and negotiate with them to make a reasonable payment agreement with them.

Is it too late to request to have it set aside, sadly I wasn't aware that I have to apply via the courts to do this.?