Fees for Fixed rate

remus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a 2 year fixed rate which came to an end, I wanted to stay on the fixed rate, with the same company, which they did, but it cost to set up a new fixed rate.

Is this right? Could I question the amount charged?

Any thoughts gratefully received:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, has any one any thoughts on my question?

Also, I have been asking my mortgage company, for a break down of the charges for a few months now, as I know they have been charging late payment fees every month, as I struggle to get the money together.

Would I have to do an SAR to get the relevant information?

Might this cause me problems, as I don't think I would get a mortgage easily else where if they got funny.

Any help please:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Hi. The fees for fixing you a new mortgage are not a penalty. This is charged as a service so I would be very surprised if they refunded them.

With the late fees these are a penalty but be very careful claiming against your current provider., you may need them to be helpful in the future and claiming off them at the minute may jeopardise that.

Use this analagy for deciding on whether a charge can be claimed:

"If its a slap on the wrist for doing something wrong then its a penalty, if its applied to your account for a service then usually it cant"

Good luck

All advice is based on my experiences. I am NOT qualified and as such cannot be held responsible for any mistakes. If in doubt...get professional help.

If you like what i have said then make me a star!!

Some helpful links

I have been successful in many cases..here are links to some

Housing Act and deposits: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?266260-Deposit-being-withheld.-Please-advise&highlight=

Against Natwest: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?278646-N-west-v-Mrsfoot-s-Son.-***WON_ALL-CHARGES-REFUNDED***&highlight=

Against Swift Advances: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?46576-Me-V-Swift&highlight=

Against B&Q: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?172878-Me-vs-B-amp-Q&highlight=

Thank you mrsfoot, that has answered my question perfectly, and pretty much what I had thought:)

So best not to rock the boat re the charges at the moment;)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

• 5 months later...

Hi all, after some advice as things are getting a bit heavy with my mortgage provider.

For the past year I have been requesting my mortgage provider to furnish me with my statement of account, (usually I get the official one in April, and I still have not received it) as they are telling me that I am a month behind.

I have been doing this by letter as talking on the phone gets me nowhere.

I received a print out covering when I started the mortgage up till the end of 2006, but the time they are telling me I fell behind is after this date.

My last letter from them has been the usual you are ignoring, and yet another £25 added to the month arrears (I need the statement, as I dispute this), and now the threat of someone knocking on my door and or passing to their litigation department wth the usual costs.

Who is the best person to speak to about this as obviously the threats are making me very unsure, and what do I know about mortgages?!

And where is my statement?

Any advice gratefully received:)

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08