Default notice From Avon- help!!

sarah82tiggy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello AllThis is one of my first posts so Im hoping Im posting in the right section...I have received a copy of my credit report and I have seen that there is a default placed on my file from Avon Cosmetics company whom I worked for as a representative two years ago. I moved house around May 06 and totally forgot to ever inform them of my change of address even though I had stopped working for them by that point, and had assumed that I had paid off any money remaining from customer orders etc and had sent back any products. Obviously I hadnt. As soon as I saw I had a default on my file I called Avon and paid off the money (£200) straight away. however, I have just tried to re-mortgage my property and got turned down by my current lender Nationwide due to this default. Also any future credit applications I make are likely to be turned down also as I have had great diffuclty in getting a current account lately too!As the default is going to remain on my file for 6 yrs, I am very very worried as this will certainyl stop me getting decent loan or mortgage rates in the future if any. I want to write to Avon to ask them to remve the default from my file, seen as its settled and due to the small amount it was for and the fact that it was just down to mis-communication.... just wondered if anyone had any success from getting this sort of thing done before? Does anyone have any advice or letter templates i could use? As it is not like Im writing to a bank or CC company and i actually worked for the company, Im unsure of what to put down and how to go about it. Any help would be most appreciated....

• 11 months later...

OMG I thought I was alone with my Avon problem. I could also do with some help.

I started as a rep with Avon at the beginning of 2006 and during the summer I was moving home and decided to stop rather than having to build a new customer base so I sent my final payment of approx £100 by cheque through the post. I never heard from them again so I took it all was well and the account settled like most people do.

At the beginning of this year I decided to have a look at my credit file to see what was there and I was shocked to see that Avon had placed a default on my file in 2006 after 5 missed payments. Immediately I called Avon who transferred me to their collections department and I was told I owed £180. I guess I had incurred some charges. I explained the situation to the agent and I told them I would pay the balance in full if the default was removed as a compromise due to the fact I had not received any notification. This was declined point blank. I then asked that since they had access to my credit file why did they not send any post to my new address as that is clearly shown on my credit file under electoral information. I got a ridiculous answer as the agent said why didn't the new tenants return the mail or forward it to my new address. So I told her that obviously they did not know me or where I lived (I don't know why they would ask such a stupid question). I called my bank who confirmed that the cheque had not been cashed so I paid £50 that day as I wanted to show willingness to pay but I didn't want to pay the full amount until I seeked advice as money will probably be the best bargaining tool along with some legal jargon. I am happy to pay the full amount as I accept that maybe I should have still updated my address with them or checked my bank to confirm the cheque was cashed but I couldn't forsee this problem and as I was not made aware of the problem I could not pay and therefore dispute the default. The area rep who hired me had my mobile number and I am sure that it was on the agreement so why did they not call me? Also why was I not informed before signing the agreement that a credit check would be done and information suppled to CRA's.

To add to the problem my credit file is showing that I am on the electoral at the old property and the new property as the new tenants have obviously returned their forms with my name still on it. I spoke to the electoral company who have advised me to write in for my name to be removed from the old property. I don't understand why as I can only live in one place.

Surely there must be something I can do. Any help will be extremely appreciated. This cannot be all my fault.:(:mad::confused: