twiggles v barclays. Help!!

twiggles

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

I am at the stage of starting legal action. A friend has got me this far having claimed he knew what he was doing! any way decided to look into it myself and got told about CAG (great site).

Reading through advice on this site i have found a number of mistakes that i have made and wonder if. they will affect legal proceedings if the bank notice.

Firstly I got told to ask for the 8% the corts would award in my prelim approach, and then in LBA and refusal of offer i mistakenly put the 8% in as overdraft interest.

Should have started legals on 20jul2007 but just wanted to make sure it was worth it with these mistakes or wether i need to start again.

any advice welcomed

twiggles

Firstly I got told to ask for the 8% the corts would award in my prelim approach, and then in LBA and refusal of offer i mistakenly put the 8% in as overdraft interest.

A mistake but no big deal. What you file at court is what matters and you certainly don't need to start again.

However now you're on the point of filing it's important not to rush. Take your time, it's not a race.

Anything you're unsure about, ask first.

Twiggles,

you were right to ask for help. follow the example instructions carefully, and you'll be ok. As MB says, it's not a big deal making a mistake in the early stages, but once you file a claim, you have to be spot on.

If you have ANY queries, no matter how dumb you may think they are, ASK before doing anything.

;)

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.