partial offer help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am claiming charges of £716 +£157 interest from halifax. Had all the usual letters then rejection. Phoned and asked for re-evaluation on 17th July and got response on 20th July with offer of £358 exactly half what I was asking for less the interest. Which rejection letter should I use for this. I have phoned Robert Lengu Customer Relations Manager (who made the offer) spoke to someone who sent him an email to contact me by phone today. Waiting for his call. Any ideas whats best to say to him?

• Haha 1

Be straight!

Tell him "NO!"

Then they'll offer you a *TOP-UP* like they did me!

See:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland.html?highlight=dusary+v+hbos

(last 2 pages)

The rejection letter is #2 (if you want to keep it in your account):

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

Go for it!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

You need to tell him you are not going to settle for a part payment.

You will accept ther full amount otherwise you will proceed to court and will be claiming the interest and court costs.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

ALWAYS:

Trinity Road!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

See - I pointed this out to SSL this morning - the sticky has been 'updated' and locked - I don't agree with the addresses or the phone numbers.

My argument is, we all know the phone numbers change daily, and now we cannot update as it's locked!!! :evil:

Just been looking at rejection letter 2. The problem is I didnt send a LBA I phoned and asked for re-evaluation then they sent the partial offer.Should I send LBA as well? This is getting confusing not sure what to do.

By the sounds of it you started out on Martin's site.

We do things a little differently here - have a look at this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html these are the steps that are tried and tested.

I think it would be advisable to send a LBA before filing for court.

Yes i did start out on Martins site before i found CAG.I havent messed things up have i by not sending the LBA, I was going to send one but I thought I would ring them first for the re-evaluation I had read about on some posts. Have sent LBA for Halifax Visa though waiting for reply from that.

Fire off the LBA - they are so disorganised that they won't notice!

(And we trusted them with OUR money?)

See - I pointed this out to SSL this morning - the sticky has been 'updated' and locked - I don't agree with the addresses or the phone numbers.

My argument is, we all know the phone numbers change daily, and now we cannot update as it's locked!!! :evil:

I agree!

I was given one phone number 3 days ago by BOS.

I rang it the following day - and was told that it was no longer operational (and that's when I then received my *Top-Up* offer!).

Pity that we can't update that sticky on a daily basis!

Hi, I am claiming charges of £716 +£157 interest from halifax. Had all the usual letters then rejection. Phoned and asked for re-evaluation on 17th July and got response on 20th July with offer of £358 exactly half what I was asking for less the interest. Which rejection letter should I use for this. I have phoned Robert Lengu Customer Relations Manager (who made the offer) spoke to someone who sent him an email to contact me by phone today. Waiting for his call. Any ideas whats best to say to him?

Well suprise suprise not a dicky bird from him. Have posted LBA registered this morning. Rejection letter to follow shortly, is there a time limit for rejection? money not credited to my account yet anyway.

update: just had a call from Robert Lengu and rejected the partial offer. I said I wanted all of the money returned, he said they are only offering 75% at the moment but he could send me a letter and then I could take it to the ombudsman. I told him that it would be quicker to take out a small claim in court and reclaim interest and costs, he agreed with me. Have I done the right thing?

Possibly!

They seem to be realising that after we have rejected the intial *FULL AND FINAL* and then their *TOP UP* - the FOS will make them cough up the rest.

Do they REALLY think that we will accept their second offer?

They must be nuttier than we are!

they did send a letter with the offer which was only half the amount i am claiming. This was due to me phoning and asking for re-evaluation after refusal letter. The offer came before i sent LBA. That is now in the post and i presume i need to wait 14 days before small claims if they dont come up with full amount before that. The thing is I have declined the offer on the phone but do i also need to send rejection letter.Cheers tilly:confused: