style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been away on holiday and came home to a letter hand posted by Newlyn . It says removal of goods notice. Magistrates Liability Order for unpaid Road traffic offences...

I have not committed any road traffic offences, 3 parking tickets, and a bus lane.

What does he mean by Magistrates Liability Order.

If I just refuse to answer the door am I OK. I have not spokent to anybody in person or seen anybody.

The vehicle concerned has been sold.

Many Thanks

Colin

were the tickets issued after you sold the car ??

No I sold the car as I didnt need it, so they cant clamp a vehicle.

The form they have used appears to say Magistrates Liability order for unpaid non domestic rates and coundil tax.

He has scribbled out the domestic rates and council tax bit and put road traffic offences...

He says he will be back in 2 days.

I think he is just trying to bluff me. I live on the 7th floor and have no car to clamp lol

Baxter

Guest Herbie

Because of where you live you are probaly quite safe, in particular that you do not have a vehicle that can be clamped.

This does not sound right. For an unpaid parking ticket this would originate form the Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton and would come to you form Northampton County Court.

For is to be from a Magistrates Court the debt would need to be for a traffic offence. ie: speeding, driving with no insurance etc. However, this would not be likely as there are only 3 bailiff companies that are contracted to enforce these fines and Newlyns are not one of them.

Which part of the country are you in, as it may be that your local authority are NOT decriminalsed parking but are under the scheme whereby police still issue tickets which are of a criminal nature.

Because of where you live you are probaly quite safe, in particular that you do not have a vehicle that can be clamped.

This does not sound right. For an unpaid parking ticket this would originate form the Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton and would come to you form Northampton County Court.

For is to be from a Magistrates Court the debt would need to be for a traffic offence. ie: speeding, driving with no insurance etc. However, this would not be likely as there are only 3 bailiff companies that are contracted to enforce these fines and Newlyns are not one of them.

Which part of the country are you in, as it may be that your local authority are NOT decriminalsed parking but are under the scheme whereby police still issue tickets which are of a criminal nature.

Hi there Herbie,

I am in London Borough of Barnet. I think he has just used the wrong form deliberately.

Have not committed any Road Traffic offences. Few parking tickets and a Bus lane. Previously always said Northampton County Court.

Baxter

Guest Herbie

Thanks for that info Baxter. It would appear that it is most likely an unpaid PCN.

Interestingly you are in Barnet. You will need to look closely at your PCN's as all PCN's were deemed non-complaint as a result of the case of Moses v Barnet ruling. This is to do with the wording on the tickets, most importantly the date of offence and date of contravention.

Do you have the original tickets and what dates are they?