Confused Congestion Charging

mizzpy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right here goes, in October 2006 I bought a car off my husbands nephew, during the change of ownership my husband went into london and forgot to pay the charge for the day. Anyway they send a letter to his nephew to pay the charge, by the time it got to us it was £150 well paid most of it leaving a balance of £35, Well now I have been trying to pay this for the past 8 months and the cheque keeps on being sent back.

Firstly when I sent the cheque I was informed they had handed it over to their debt collectors who would be in touch.

After waiting a month or so I called them to say no debt collectors had contacted us. I was told I should wait for them to get in touch. Finally some time in March I called again and was told the name of the debt collectors who I should send the cheque to. I sent the cheque on the 1st April 2007 to the debt collectors. On the 25th April CC london send me a letter saying I could make payment direct to them if the payment was made within 14 days. I called cc london and told them I had paid the debt collectors.

at the end of april I called cc london to check if the charge was paid in full. I was told no payments had been received from the debt collectors. I then called the debt collectors who informed me that they have my payment but because the amount was so low they would not be dealing with it and would send my cheque back. I received the cheque back from the debt collectors on 21 May. I called cc london and told them this. I also informed them that when the cheque from the Debt collectors was cleared I would make payment and they should let me know where to send the cheque. I then totally forgot about all of this until I was checking my monthly spread sheet at the beginning of July. I called them back and they had no idea what I should do and said they would get someone to call me back. A very nice lady did call and said I should send the cheque to their conventry address. I did this on 9th July, now they have sent me the cheque back with a letter to say the debt collectors will be in touch??????????? I have called them today and they say they sent it back because it was not paid within the 14 days stated on the letter of the 25th April. I then asked if they record all calls because I would like them to recall the conversation I had with them telling them I had paid the debt collectors.

Well I would like to know what to do know. Should I send all this information directly to the mayors office?

Firstly - expect to get a full range of replies within 24 hours - a lot of us have work to do.

As to your problem, you've done all you reasonably can in the circumstances, and in truth your attempt to pay has at every turn been rejected though their incompetence. Frankly, if it was me I'd just hold on to all correspondence, make notes of all phone calls and then await their next move.