New Member with a question about MBNA Credit Card

LynetteC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all! My name's Lynette, I live in Hull and this is my first post to the Forum. :)

I joined because I plan on reclaiming some recent charges from Barclays Bank, but for now I have a question about my MBNA White Room credit card. Firstly though, here's the background to my query.

Earlier this year, after forgetting to pay online a couple of months in a row (and getting charged £12 a time for my forgetfulness) I set up a Direct Debit for £50, which more than covered the (then) minimum payment of £43. A couple of months later, my minimum payment went up to £53. I thought nothing of this, as having a DD set up I *assumed* that it would be amended to cover the new minimum payment. WRONG! My June bill showed a payment of £50, a late charge of £12 AND an outstanding balance of £3.94!

I rang them to ask what the %^*$ they thought they were playing at, and eventually spoke to some snotty Manager - but not until I'd provided them with my debit card number to clear off the £3.94 outstanding! She informed me that my DD was a fixed one, that this detail was printed on my monthly statement and it was my responsibility to check said statements to ensure that they received the correct monthly payment! :mad: (Consider myself told off like the naughty schoolgirl I am! :p)

Not being impressed with the information given or the attitude it was offered in, I demanded a settlement figure as my husband had already agreed to transfer the balance onto his credit card. The transfer was completed about 20 minutes after I finished speaking to MBNA, but now I've received another bill for £23.05!

Surely a settlement figure should be valid for at least 7 days to allow a person to clear their balance in full without incurring more interest?

Should I ring them and demand they remove this charge? Or am I stuck with paying them again? And if I do, will I receive *another* bill next month for £2-3 to cover the interest accrued on the £23?

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

I had that same problem in the past with another card and to be honest, when the bill came in, i just paid it. It depends how much hassle you want.

But, if i were you, i would be reclaiming any charges back! Even just that 2 months @ 12.00 covers the outstanding balance!

Hope you get it sorted :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Thanks Hopeful1.

I think that's exactly what I'll do - issue them with an S.A.R.!

I'd been reading a couple of Credit Card threads when I suddenly realised that I've been paying payment protection and I don't really remember whether I asked for it or not. I remember ringing one company and asking for it to be removed, but whether that was MBNA or one of the other cards I used to have, I'm not sure.

Let's just say that if I didn't request it, they're going to owe me a LOT more than £36! LOL