gypsum v A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

got my stuff thru a few days ago.

having gone through it all, and making a spread sheet, it seems good old A&L have had 6.5K off us in just over 3 years.

i'll finish the spread sheet and look for what my next step is.

Hi gypsumsif

That's a lot of charges :eek: . Your were looking for tips here are my two pennies worth...........................

I am very unorganized in general but for this caper I have had to be much more organized (still poor though).

Photocopy all your statements 4 times (one copy in another house), its a lot I know!! Place your originals in a very safe place. In the worst case scenario bank charge claimants may be waiting years for the test case to reach its conclusion and if you lost the originals or misplaced them the A&L may have destroyed the info on their files, this could possibly leave you without statements for the court process. Paranoid :shock: I know.

If you have not already get ring binders sorted for all your correspondence, as the letters go out and come in, photocopy them x 4 and file them.

Buy Judge Patricia Pearls Guide to the Small Claims Procedure, I dont read much at all but I got through it quickly, there is a lot of info to help you.

If your are skint like me then buy postage stamps as you go along and spread the cost of postage, (special delivery cost me £30 for my court bundles)

Always get receipts for any costs involved in your claim like Library receipts or envelopes........................it mounts up to scary amounts and you may be able to get a wasted cost order from a friendly judge.

All the best for your claim!!

William.

good advice from william as usual

we all think we may not get to the stage of needing a court bundle- but trust me if you do it as you go along its a lot easier than having hundreds of pieces of paper lined up all over your lounge floor!

Jan:D

• Haha 1

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, but ive just been reading thru some threads re the test case that's going on.

the general consensus seems to be... stick to time limits and so on.

so my next letter to send is the LBA, this is done after 14 days? my prelim was signed for at their offices on the 21/08/07.

i just need confirmation please.

Hiya, I received the same letter on Friday, my claims been on the go since January so it must be just the standard letter

Jenny

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

sorry I've not been about for ages! we managed to get away for a while as a family for once!!

anyway, im just trying to catch up on how people are getting on, it seems that MCOL claims are getting automatic stays, and the situation is still unclear at my local courts (Epsom or Reigate).

unless somebody replies to the contrary, I'll carry on as normal, I'll type up the letter before action and get it sent off on Monday.

it's hard to read thru so many threads to catch up on current things. i'll read some more and update any changes i make.

one thing that keeps niggling at me.... is that im claiming 6.5K, i know that claims over 5K mean something, but cant think what. any ideas please?

paul.

i think that you cant go small claims track?

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Claiming just over £5000 before interest help!!!

here is a thread that might help

also try putting fast track - or claim over £5000 and you may find some more comments:)

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

• 7 months later...

down at the bottom of my debt collectors ring binders, lies the start of my struggle against the A&L.

1. S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request.

2. preliminary approach with break down.

3. their standard bog off letter. wait for outcome of case etc.

Thats all i have, i didn't send the LBA. as my charges were for £6464. it was a bit big for the small claims track, and that threw me, whether or not to break my claim up into lumps. but, will that matter now? is it not right to think that i should just send them an invoice for the full amount :razz:.

i want to get started on this again, as i can foresee a huge long line of people banging on the doors of their local branch. i notice that the templates library is down while they are updated. would it be your advise to wait for these to come back?

any help and views would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see your back on it again. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

had a horrible thought today.

after being ten days late in posting my letter (the new prelim), they will of received it today (Monday).

i put a nice cheque in the bank last week, which will clear on Thursday, the day after we arrive in Rhodes for a family holiday. we're counting on this money to see us thru.

you don't think they'd go and shut our account do you? ive heard it happens. :Cry:

Edited by gypsumsif
the new prelim

There is no reason they would close your account. They can't close an account for no reason.

Go and have a fantastic holiday. :D

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...