Help Needed Re;Thames Credit / Aktiva group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody and thank you for taking the time to read this post ( My 1st on the forum )

Recently ( At the end of June ) i received a letter from Thames Credit Ltd advising me that "Aktiv Kapital Group Of Companies has bought the interest of Barclaycard in the debt that i owe them, we are acting as collection agent on behalf of Aktiv Capital Group of companies which is now the legal owner of the outsanding balance of your account" ( just over 9k)

This was a credit card debt which i let spiral out of control ( was approx 4 1/2 k at the time !! ) when i was diagnosed with an illness in 1995 which led to my hospilisation etc .

Since then i left the country to work and returned in 2003 & moved to my recent address 6 months ago.

Since thisletter Thames Credit have sent me another letter ( as i didn't contact as i honestly did not know what to do ) asking me to contact them and offering me a discount of 30% of my 9k debt if i make payment in 3 equal instalments OR pay £25 a month by DD with a 5% discount - Both options with the interest frozen.The threat of solicitors/ field agents was made in this letter.

Only then i discovered this amazing forum & sent back a letter from the templates - Staute barred under the limitation act etc etc & have received a reply from them

"We need to ascertain any previous address/es where you have resided that may be applicable to our enquiry"

Can anyone help as to what my next step should be , i am going out of my mind with worry and am worried that my illness which is lifelong could suffer due to the stress & pressure this is causing me.

Sorry it's long winded

Thank you for reading this

Hi Roberto

Welcome to CAG :)

I am sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will be along to advise you shortly.

However, if you scroll further down on your thread, you will see the heading "Similar Threads" - it may be wise to have a read whilst awaiting a reply;)

Good luck:)

Thank you for the welcome mate and for the PM too.

Thought my next step might be to ask for the CCA from reading other threads but am still a little unsure & wouldnt want to do the wrong thing which might drop me in it even more

"We need to ascertain any previous address/es where you have resided that may be applicable to our enquiry"

I wouldn't bother giving them that info.

Send Thames the CCA request and ask them for a statement of account. That should keep them busy for a bit.

Due to when you opened this account it is very unlikely that a copy of the credit agreement will still exist.

Have you checked your credit file to make sure there is no CCJ on this account? If not you should.

The debt may well be statute barred, but then again with you moving to a different country this may prevent the debt from being statute barred if you didn't leave a forwarding address.

One last thing, stop worrying. Sending the CCA request places the account in dispute, lawfully they can not do anything while the account is in dispute. Expect maybe one or two more threatening letters and then you will in all probability get a letter stating that they are no longer pursing the account.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Do i use the CCA request letter on the templates to send to them

Yes, send it either recorded or special delivery. Do not sign the letter.

do i ahve to send any money for them serving me with this ?

Send a £1 crossed postal order.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thank you much appreciated. :) Can anyone send me the televant link for the template that i need . ( Sorry found it before but have spent the last half hour looking forit - uselss with computers i'm afraid!! )