Barclaycard partial payment (kind of!)

brucie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

im claiming against BC and they sent me the usual letter offering the difference between £12 and the charges, this worked out at £250 (my claim is for £650), i just went ahead and sent my prelim letter and in this i rejected the £250, i recieved a letter back saying they wouldn't refund this,

im off to file a small claim tommorrow but i have just recieved a statement for my credit card and they have credited £250 onto it! However, i closed this account at the start of the year and i don't even have a card for it!

Has anyone got any suggestions what i should do now? should i contact BC and ask them to refund he £250 as cash and then proceed with the claim (minus the £250)

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Brucie

Hi Brucie,

looks like failed cancellation of your account, if you've received a statement it must be still active... I'd phone them up to find out. If the account is indeed active, accept it as partial payment only, templates here, and claim the rest through court.... You can alwas get replacement card later on....to get your money...... and donate to CAG :D